“Beautiful Patio”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martyrs Lane
Description: Fine Dining Taos Style! We offer a wonderful selection of organic meats, locally grown salads, custom made desserts, and much more! Patio seating available. Large parties. Private party building. Catering.
Fort Worth, TX
“Beautiful Patio”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stopped in for lunch the first week they were open. Our server was delightful and helpful although still learning. The patio is a beautiful, peaceful setting with tables situated to watch the traffic on Paseo del Pueblo Norte which can be quite interesting or choose a table set back for a quieter meal. I chose the Martyr's salad with salmon. It was not large but enough to satisfy my smaller appetite. Ingredients were fresh and well combined. There was a little more radicchio than suits my taste. The citrus dressing was very fresh made with quality olive oil. My husband ordered the lunch steak which was surprisingly thin about 3/4 inch thick so we were pleasantly surprise when it was indeed medium rare as ordered. The fried potatoes were tender and lightly crisp. It was a bit expensive for lunch but the ambiance makes a leisurely lunch and worth the price for me. We will try it again for dinner and it will be a delightful place to take guests.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank txtravel2
Rik B, General Manager at Martyrs Steakhouse, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you ever so much for your feedback. Our Martyrs Salad is much more plentiful in portion these days, and so is our 10ox New York Strip at lunch. Please visit us again and we look forward to serving you.

Taos, New Mexico, United States
“Needs to improve”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

So this is a new place in Taos. I was with a group and it started with the bread....not good. The cocktail that should be in a martini glass it was, but it was only half full and it should be served full or at least it always has been in my experience. Ordered a rib eye steak and it was ok but from a steakhouse it was only like 1/2 inch thick so of course it was overcooked and who serves a 1/2 inch thick steak. The béarnaise sauce served on someone else's steak was broken...come on now, the sauce is why they ordered the steak get it right. Those are the observations from this visit. Was it terrible no, but as one of the most expensive places in Taos it should have been better. I hope they fix these things.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Michael B
I don't care for "half-full" martinis either and I can say with confidence, if you came in for Happy Hour now...you are certain to get a "full" drink. We apologize for a lousy experience and hope to better serve you in the future should you decide to return. I can convey that the kinks have in fact been worked out.