“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Chandler, Arizona
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stopped in for lunch while exploring the Taos Plaza. We ordered sandwiches and lemonade. The food was delicious and the lemonade fresh squeezed. Excellent service, beautiful atmosphere.

Visited July 2014

Taos, New Mexico
“If you are in Taos, don't miss dining at Mosaic!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This restaurant is a wonderful place for lunch or dinner. The food is consistently good and the service is always top notch. Chef George has the skills and experience to create many flavorful, satisfying dishes. You can pay more, but you won't find a better restaurant in Taos.

• Visited July 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“Dedicated Chef and staff”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We went to Mosaic last Saturday for lunch. The restaurant is in the Historic La Fonda Hotel and has been under various ownership in the last years. It used to be quite dark , but Chef George and Co-owner Isabel have opened up the space to have more light and recently opened a back patio, which for me makes summer dining a nice option.
This time we sat inside at my favorite table , right by the bar, almost feels like the chef's table , a corner booth with with close proximity to staff , bar and open view of the restaurants beautiful Rustic Spanish decor.
We were greeted immediately, both by the server and Isabel herself, visiting the new patio, where herbs and lettuce were growing and being irrigated.
We chose (habitually for these outings) a bottle of Gruet Blanc de Blanc, our local NM sparkling, Cava type. Nice, fine flutes were presented, which I love good glassware. Isabel came and showed the server how to open this bottle properly, since this sparkling tends to be a bit explosive.
I ordered the quite elaborate-Club Sandwich, my friend a House Salad and Catfish. My companion asked for the Salmon Crab Cakes which come on a bigger salad to be served on the side and this request was granted.
The Crab Cakes were delicious, light, flavorful. My friend loved the lemon vinaigrette on his salad.
The Club was perfectly put together with many components, stayed together and never got messy.
The Catfish was an unexpected surprise for me, because I worry about Catfish tasting muddy, but it was battered in traditional cornmeal, fried light and not muddy at all, great thin fries, tasty tartar sauce.
Staff didn

• Visited July 2014
Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Fantastic & amazingly tasting food, served beautifully by a wonderful waiter John H. The whole experience was enchanted - from the moment we walked in until we left... We can not wait to visit the place again & experience another time of excellence! :-)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GosiaAK
cleveland, ms
“Great Meal”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Taos yearly since 2006. One of the reasons is the outstanding food choices available. On this trip we had our first meal at Mosaic; it will not be our last. The food could not have been improved upon and was as good a meal as we've had in Taos. Our server was spot on as well. There are a number of excellent restaurants in the area. Mosaic should be on anyone's list.

• Visited June 2014