“Tasty Mexican Food @ the N. End of Town”
Review of Guadalajara Grill

Guadalajara Grill
Ranked #34 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First timer tip: Walk up to the counter to order food. Note: There are 2 Guadalajara Grills @ either end of Taos! The atmosphere is very casual. Who was there? Families, travelers on Harley's and the LOCALs. The LOCALs ate here which spoke volumes. The menu was filled with Mexican dishes including seafood and traditional American burger and fries. The kid plates were so plentiful they didn't finish. Staff were friendly, kept our cups refilled. Staff took extra care to put tables together for our group and scrubbed them clean. I'll opt to eat inside next time due to pesky flies.

1  Thank RageNButrFly

Reviewed September 3, 2012

After a very long drive into Taos I wanted to catch a quick dinner and a drink. It was late and the reception I received was not the greatest, but who cares when the food is great. If you are trying to impress someone this is more than likely not the place but if you are looking for tasty food at a reasonable price then you have a winner.

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Donald Fagan and Walter Becker would, I am sure, agree! So fantastic, they have TWO locations!

The fish tacos were the BEST I've ever eaten. The staff were extremely friendly and the cleanliness was perfect. They even have THE REAL THING...GLASS BOTTLE COKES WITH SUGAR...TWO SIZES!

An oasis in the northern desert with delightful food and atmosphere. I WILL BE BACK!

1  Thank TMTarpley
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is not a sit down restaurant. Go to the counter and order then go get your utensils. No soap in the bathroom to wash your hands ( or anyone else's) ..food was just ok. Drinks were overpriced $5.50 small margarita and bud light $3.75. Chips and salsa cost extra.
We were hungry but no one finished their plate..we agreed never again. Maybe it was an off day...

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We wanted an early meal after a day of hiking at Abbiquiu and Ghost Ranch. My husband had the chicken tacos, my daughter had the chicken enchiladas. I chose the beef enchiladas with red and green sauce. I especially liked that the sauce wasn't so hot that you would regret it later. These dishes went great with the cold Pacifico and cool evening rain. This restaurant reminds me of our local favorite back home- very dependable when you are need of a Mexican food fix. Will try the chile relleno next time.