“Put this restaurant on your "A" list!”
Review of Byzantium

Byzantium
Ranked #50 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sewickley, PA
“Put this restaurant on your "A" list!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It might be easy to overlook this restaurant as it has an unassuming facade. Don't let that guide your decision making. This will be one of the most memorable meals you experience in Taos. The menu is limited but well put together. The dishes we experienced were done well and with flair! Do yourself a favor, don't miss this one.

• Visited October 2013

Cabin John, Maryland
“Best meal of our Southwest vacation”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The intimate setting (8 tables) and low lighting and lite jazz mood all set the tone for a relaxing and sophisticated dinner out. The limited menu still had excellent choices that were hard to choose from, and my husband and I both had incredibly delicious meals. He had pork tenderloin on potato succotash and spinach, and I had baked halibut on lemon-grass coconut milk rice, with pickled cucumber, that was a unique and delicious combination of flavors. The glasses and plates were pottery and metal-works of art. We had the dessert, too - steamed bread pudding that had berries and some chocolate inside and a perfect oval dollop of ice cream on top. Everything was beautiful and delicious and graciously served and nicely timed. Reservations highly recommended - we got a table without one - just lucky, when we arrived early in the evening.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CabinJohners
“Best in Taos”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Taos for over 20 years and I have always loved this restaurant and I think out of all restaurants it is truly The Best In Taos.

• Visited September 2013
Trophy Club, Texas
“The Best Food in Taos”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Do not miss this gym of Taos. I almost overlooked it because the name seemed ancient and the appearance of the building's facade did not reach out to me. The menu was limited compared to so many modern restaurants that offer an abundance of choices. After trying the food, I understand. Byzantium focuses on doing a few things really well. I appreciate that more than the appearance of the restaurant, the ambiance, or the over-abundance of offerings. When I was offered dessert, I asked what were the choices. The answer -- chocolate truffle with berry sauce. One choice? Well, I did not really want dessert, but the notion of offering just one dessert told me that it might be something special. Of course, I ordered it -- and it was amazing.

• Visited August 2013
Manhattan, Kansas
“Byzantium is back as our best restaurant in Taos”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Scott had a little down turn in the late 0's, but he is definitely back on his A game in the teens. All of the food we had was exceptional. The chicken satay has an amazing peanut sauce and who knew a sesame oil and rice wine vinegar dressing would be so good on some greens. What we realized with our meal was that each dish had a perfectly prepared protein, an amazing sauce, and was beautifully plated. If you are foodie and want to be inspired to go home and experiment, Byzantium is the place for your next meal in Taos.

• Visited August 2013