“Great food on a historic, bustling street!”

Bent Street Deli & Cafe
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Bent street itself is adorable and great fun. Situated right off of the plaza, this street is home to unique local shops, street musicians, people meandering and taking in the sights. We sat out on the patio, shaded by umbrellas. Our waitress was super nice, and funny! I really wish that every waitress could be like her.
The food was great and fresh and there were a number of Gluten-free options. My sister ordered a sandwich on Gluten-free bread. The waitress suggested ordering it toasted so that it would "hold together" a bit more. This was a great suggestion and made the sandwich.
I got the California chicken salad. It had toasted almond slivers. From here on out I declare that all salads should have toasted almond slivers. Just awesome. My boyfriend however ordered the smoked salmon BLT, which wasn't great. He found it to be too overwhelmingly fishy, which was off-putting. When he ordered it, the waitress expressed how much she loved it, so chalk it up to personal taste!
This place has great food and is good for people watching. Definitely recommend.

There are newer reviews for Bent Street Deli & Cafe

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Located at the top of the towns walking district, BSDC offers a broad selection of fresh lunch items. At peak times, can be busy with some waits if you ask to sit outside, which is the only place they allow dogs. But there are really three seating options: inside, open inside, and outside. Pick the open inside if you have no dog and be seated faster.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

After waiting futilely for a server to notice us at nearby Doc Martin's in downtown Taos, we had a late lunch at the Bent Street Deli. The sandwich selections are fresh, simple, well balanced flavors, and the service was quick and friendly. The deli offers delectable looking hummus & veggie platters, and though we didn't order them, they were very popular & I WILL order next time. My stuffed pita sandwich with feta was great - the feta creamy enough to blend nicely with the veggies. Our server told us to 'save room' for the Mexican chocolate ice cream pie. Although I am not a chocolate fan generally, this was worth the calories! :-) Big enough to be split two ways!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a nice leisurely breakfast here on a beautiful morning. They had a large assortment of menu items and everything is prepared well.
On another trip we had lunch there and it was excellent as well. Great breads and sandwich choices.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stopped here on the spur of the moment after gallery viewings Peaceful setting, indoor, outdoor and patio seating. Food was wonderful!