“Pretty good breakfast”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I went there for breakfast on a Sunday around noon. We were greeted promptly and seated. I ordered scrambled eggs and toast was good. The side of bacon bacon was excellent. Our server was Mary Beth. She was excellent and took great care of us. However, there was another server, a dark-haired female server wandering around we could have done without. She was very loud, dressed in a dirty black, zip up light coat, and chortled loudly after nearly every sentence she uttered. She was just really annoying to have around at a nice, relaxing, quiet Sunday brunch.I grew tired of hearing her complain about a bad transmission in either her, or her mother's car. She spent quite a while engaging in very loud conversation with a table right beside us. There was a group with a dog that showed up and sat outside at a table to eat during the 50 mile per hour COLD winds! It did not have an effect upon me either way, but I did think it was pretty funny! I would recommend this place, but it is certainly nothing I would rave about. It has been around a long time, so they must be doing something right!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Number one: Great, friendly and attentive service. And second, (of course) the food. Decent portions of homemade breakfast goodness. We had the cinnamon roll, eggs benny, and a breakfast burrito. All delicious! You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our group of 10 enjoyed a variety of items -- all were delicious. I loved the day's special, a Mediterranean-style plate with generous servings of hummus, eggplant dip, pita, & spanakopita. Have been here several times & likely will go back when in Taos.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very busy cafe just south of the plaza in Taos, NM. The food is good, but nothing special. Service is cheerful. I would recommend the Deli for a lunch or breakfast.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My hubby and I were lucky enough to run across the Cafe and the service was wonderful and the food delicious, my husband was going to have breakfast but couldn't help himself when it came out. I ordered simple two eggs over easy with the potatoes and they were sooo good! We ordered a piece of banana bread to go and it was wonderful, very relaxing inviting atmosphere and not too expensive!