“Mixed Emotions”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We asked around the art festival and when a couple of folks recommended Michael's we decided it was the place for us. It's also obvious every biker in town knows about this place; you can see it the minute you pull up to the parking lot. My emotions are mixed on Michael's. Two of us ordered from the Little Eaters section of the menu: Enchilada/Quesidilla, beans, rice and salad for $5.95. What a bargain! Food was tasty, but rather low in heat. (Maybe we just eat our Mexican a lot spicier here in Chicago). The service very attentive! However the third person with us ordered the ham and cheese which was served cold on a bun. Not what he was hoping for to say the least. He had chips with it but they were nacho and not potato so he was disappointed a second time. I would go back and give them another try next time in Taos.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed May 29, 2007

We patiently waited in line since this restaurant came highly recommended from all of our friends. The wait was worth every minute. The all day breakfast choices are long and distinguished. We opted for the SW style menu choices and were very pleased. The staff was hoppin on this very busy start to the Memorial Day weekend. Smiles and no lack of attention to detail were the orders of the day. Our meals were hot, delicious and we did not need lunch later that day. Now we know why every friend said Michaels was a must stop! My husband took cookies from the extensive bakery for our road trip down to Santa Fe. Everything was above our expectations!

Reviewed May 7, 2007

This place is very popular -- but I'm at a loss to understrand why. In a word, it's mediocre. What does this say about the average person's taste?

1  Thank Boley
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Went to breakfast twice at Michael's and had the breakfast burrito. Absolutely wonderful. My friend and I had to stop on our way out of town and split one on the last morning of our visit! Service was fast and very courteous.

Reviewed October 8, 2006

Oh my goodness, on a recent trip to Taos we discovered Michael's Kitchen! Do yourself a major favor and be sure and eat there when you find yourself in Taos. I had the Breakfast Enchilada and I cannot find the words to describe how wonderful this breakfast was - it was truly one of the top five meals I've ever had (and I've had some great meals). My husband had a cinnamon roll and it tasted as good as it looked. The coffee was also wonderful. Because the restaurant is also a bakery the smell was incredible and it was warm and cozy. The staff was friendly and our meal became an experience to remember. I cannot give Michael's Kitchen enough praise - just wish I lived anywhere within a couple of hours of Taos so I could go all the time.

1  Thank Bunner