“Great Local”

Ranked #7 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Great for all meals ! Trout and Pinons a great mix ,,. Nice place & great service.
I haven't been in 3yrs & couldn't stop last summer, But We will be going back . good Family
restaurant . Ok Prices , Good meals , But Taos is a little high. I always try to stop there on the way to Red River.

There are newer reviews for Michaels Kitchen Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Just got back from a week at TSV. We got to eat at Michaels Kitchen for Sunday breakfast.

Huge generous portions, great friendly service, and a line out the door. Make no mistake the line is there for a reason.

If you eat food that you can get at home, you are cheating yourself. I had Martins Breakfast Burrito with red chile. It was awesome. Others in my group got the special which had eggs, hash browns, but a type of carne asada meat that was excellent.

We waited in the vestibule for about 15 minutes and they even came out and offered everyone in line coffee while they waited. The place is bigger than it looks with lots of tables, but still cozy. The staff is working in sort of organized chaos that makes this place fun.

I couldn't help myself and got a longjohn eclair from the bakery case. It was awesome!!

Good food, friendly fast service, and true New Mexico Food
If you don't like this place, you are not doing Taos right.

Reviewed December 21, 2009

We ate at Michael's twice during our trip to Taos, both times it was fantastic. For the first visit, my husband had the Poor Man's Egg Benedict while I had the Strawberry Crepes and our three year old had the Pancakes and Eggs breakfast from the kid's menu. While it said there were three pancakes for the little ones, it was more like 5, way more food than he could ever eat! My crepes were heavenly and my husband's food was great as well. The second trip was just as good. We would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I were in Taos for the day, and had stopped into the Convention and Visotor's bureau for maps, sightseeing recommendations, etc. I asked for a recommendation of a restaurant that wasn't too expensive, but that served Northern New Mexican cuisine. The woman enthisiastically recommended Michael's Kitchen and gave us directions. The food was a bit greasy, and not as good as similar food we had earlier in the week in Santa Fe, but at the time we thought its was OK. My husband has a cast-iron stomach, so he was OK, but after we returned to Santa Fe, I spent the the next 36 hours in the bathroom with diarrhea. The last few days of my trip were ruined. We would have probably been better off eating at the Taos McDonalds.

1  Thank Travlingirl54
Reviewed October 12, 2009

A short wait for breakfast this morning led to generous portions and a helpful staff. The breakfast enchilada with veggie green chile was very good. This comes with a side of hash browns or rice & pinto beans. The chile was pretty spicy; the busboy told me the veggie green is the hottest chile they offer. They have a huge selection of fresh baked goods also. Locals and tourists, high school kids, senior adults, families with small children all shared the place.