“Will definitely go back!”

Michaels Kitchen Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My 16 year old daughter & I stopped by Michael's Kitchen for lunch. The service & food were both great! I ordered a sandwich (turkey & avocado) and instead of getting one of the sides that normally comes with it, I asked if I could get the corn chowder. The waitress said it wasn't a problem at all. My daughter ordered a ham sandwich, but instead of the usual bread it comes on, asked if she could get it on a crescent. Again... no problem. We will definitely go back the next time we're in Taos. I can't wait to try other items on the menu.

Reviewed March 21, 2009

Though full of tourists, Michael's Kitchen manages to seat and serve everyone efficiently and the atmosphere was really laid-back and low-key. The food was inexpensive and tasty.

Reviewed January 3, 2009

Make sure to eat here for breakfast...great food and extremely affordable.

Reviewed October 31, 2008

Need lunch? Need breakfast? Go to Michael's Kitchen--everyone does.

From tasty hotcakes and waffles, to well-executed egg dishes, to yummy red and green chile dishes Michaels fits the bill. Plus, you'll see half of Taos there.

The bakery goods are great, too.

Reviewed September 21, 2008

Our best meal on our 5 days in New Mexico. I had stuffed sopapillas which were fantastic. My wife had a burrito which was also great. Both were surrounded with fresh veggies and sour cream and guac.
The waitress was a little surly, but she probably gets sick of the tourist crowd so I would expect it.
Would eat here again without hesitation.