“Love this Place”

Ranked #6 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Springfield, Missouri
“Love this Place”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been here off and on over the years as I've traveled to Taos. I've yet to be disappointed. Their breakfast is fabulous. They have amazing cinnamon rolls. Bigger than your hand! Their dinners are just as good. The Indian Taco is my go to favorite. It comes with a sopapilla and honey butter. Fried, warm and soft. So good! However, they are only open for dinner on the weekends so keep that in mind when you visit. Also, they've won a bunch of "Best of Taos" awards!

Provo, Utah
“Superb Service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We ate breakfast/lunch at this highly recommended popular cafe that is large and was almost totally filled. I had an omelet that was large and tasty, but the highlight was certainly the attentive and concerned service I received. Be forewarned: go very hungry or ask for a take-out container or deal with the guilt of leaving food on your plate. I found the rustic decor homey and appealing. I wish we hadn't been just passing through Taos; I would have enjoyed trying another meal.

• Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
“Worth waiting in the long line”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were thinking of leaving when we realized how long the line to be seated was but some "regulars" encouraged us to stay and I'm glad we did. The food was delicious (we both had stuffed sopapillas) and the servings were LARGE (we could have easily shared one entrée. We didn't get anything from the bakery because we were so full after our meal but the sopapillas they serve as dessert with some entrees were the best I've had in my life and I'm from Texas where sopapillas are not uncommon.

Surprise, Arizona
“Unique to Taos, NM”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch/breakfast here on a Sunday noon, but you must have reasonable expectations as it isn't intended to be fine dining. The portions are large to huge, the food quality is very good and we found the service good and responsive. The menu is extensive and reflects local tastes. It's a western cafe, no more, no less. The staff is friendly and hustling and attentive to your needs. We would definitely return.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Go for breakfast. Skip Dinner”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fellow diners in Santa fe told us to eat here, so we went for dinner out first night. It was pretty awful. Giant portions of sloppy ingredients overflowing the plate looked unappetizing and tasted like my high school cafeteria. Ick.
Later locals told us they have good breakfast, so I guess we went for the wrong meal, but did not have the courage to return. Go to Orlando's for modestly priced authentic southwest food.

1 Thank Steve C