“Excellent food!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Michael's Kitchen had great food, service, and pricing. It was the only place we went for breakfast during our week long stay in Taos. Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

There were four in our party and we all ordered something different and everyone just loved their meal!! The staff in this restaurant was well trained and did an excellent job - they made us feel right at home. And the bakery, as you walk in the restaurant is heavenly. We took cream puffs and sticky buns to have for breakfast the following day - all I can say is YUMMY!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Awesome place to have breakfast! Always busy but well served by great folks, your table wait is not that long but well worth it! Great Food great service great location and décor! The coffee rocks as does everything LOL
;-)

1  Thank Ecossearthur
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Popped into Michael's for breakfast based in reviews we had read and crowds we saw passing by. Although there was the expected line for Saturday breakfast we had less than a 5 minute wait to be seated. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. The food was wonderful! The special, chorizo breakfast burrito had spicy kick that woke up my taste buds. The green chili served over it has a delicious flavor blended with spicy heat. Tasting my husband's breakfast enchilada quickly let me know that he had made a great choice also. The sopapillas served were among the best I have ever had and the perfect accompaniment to the spicy food. Absolutely on our must visit list when we return to Taos.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stood in line that went out the door but was seated in about 5 minutes!

The pastries in the entry look divine as you wait for your table. Wonderful old time atmosphere with neat stuff hanging from the walls.

The food is served pretty fast and they keep your coffee filled while you wait. The food is delicious. I had the breakfast enchiladas and my wife the chorizo burrito. The choizo burrito is a special and not on the menu. I wished I had gotten it as the flavor was superb. My enchiladas were very good too!