“Great Breakfasts!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Awesome place to have breakfast! Always busy but well served by great folks, your table wait is not that long but well worth it! Great Food great service great location and décor! The coffee rocks as does everything LOL
;-)

1  Thank Ecossearthur

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Popped into Michael's for breakfast based in reviews we had read and crowds we saw passing by. Although there was the expected line for Saturday breakfast we had less than a 5 minute wait to be seated. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. The food was wonderful! The special, chorizo breakfast burrito had spicy kick that woke up my taste buds. The green chili served over it has a delicious flavor blended with spicy heat. Tasting my husband's breakfast enchilada quickly let me know that he had made a great choice also. The sopapillas served were among the best I have ever had and the perfect accompaniment to the spicy food. Absolutely on our must visit list when we return to Taos.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stood in line that went out the door but was seated in about 5 minutes!

The pastries in the entry look divine as you wait for your table. Wonderful old time atmosphere with neat stuff hanging from the walls.

The food is served pretty fast and they keep your coffee filled while you wait. The food is delicious. I had the breakfast enchiladas and my wife the chorizo burrito. The choizo burrito is a special and not on the menu. I wished I had gotten it as the flavor was superb. My enchiladas were very good too!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

When in Taos we always stop in at Michaels. We always have to wait but we don't mind because the food and the wait staff are excellent. the food is appealing, simple Northern New Mexico. The Bakery is wonderful! Lots of local people..a good sign.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Turned on to Michael's by a former business associate, I later realized it was the best (and only) good tip he ever gave me. So be sure not to be turned away by the modest exterior, which is the original shop front facing. Inside you will be treated to the best breakfast you will find in the southwest. Sound a bit over the top? You will agree once you try any of their fabulous omelettes or the breakfast burrito. And don't forget lunch and dinner. The service is always lively and the pricing is extremely reasonable. If you are a collector, remember to browse the memorabilia available for purchase. I wear my t-shirts often!