“Good not great”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: A family run restaurant and bakery in business for the past 37 years and still cooking! A menu of mouth-watering American and Spanish dishes, we serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My family of four ate lunch here based on the other reviews here on Tripadvisor. Sandwiches are all $8-9. I ordered a grilled cheese with bacon and that was good. The fries that come with the sandwiches need ketchup - they are tasteless. My son ordered chicken strips - dry. My husband's Philly steak sandwich was good and he enjoyed the crunchy peppers. My older son's chicken parmesan sandwich had lots of cheese but little sauce. The service was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The long lines at this cafe are worth the wait. We arrived at a busy time during lunch but were seated within 10 minutes. In even less time we had our order taken and had our meal within 10-15 minutes, all the time watching people enjoy their food and tables 'turned over' to seat others. The Belly Burger is huge and easily shared by 2 people or left overs in a box. I had a 'wet' burrito and it was yummy as well. Definitely would go here again if ever in the Taos.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Breakfast is excellent, with a huge menu. Many locals eat here, as well as travelers. Everything fresh and they have an outstanding bakery, from bread, bear claws, pecan rolls. They had tapenades with 3 different fillings: apple, pumpkin, and prune. The prune is for those of us who long for a prune danish like found a New York deli.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

The service was fine and although the food portions were large, the food was just OK. The atmosphere was nice, though. We heard so many recommendations for this place, but didn't see what the attraction was.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I stopped in for an early dinner and ordered the stuffed sopapillas. She had beef and I had chicken. The ingredients were very fresh and the green chile was incredibly good. The portions were huge. We could have shared a plate and had enough left over form a meal for the two of us. The plates were served with two large sopapillas with honey butter...OMG was it decadent and good!!!!