“Best food on our visit and great ambiance”

Doc Martin's Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Greeted by live music, cozy historic building and outdoor seating available. We ate in the bar since restaurant was not ready for our reservation (recommended) and it was really well done New Mexico Mexican. Chicken enchiladas full of freshly cooked white meat and wonderful green sauce. Server was super. Doc Martin's has it all- cozy local atmosphere, hipster vibe and good food and drink. Note to Tex-Mex afficianados, this style of Mex is a different flavor profile. I find it too mild. You can spice up with salsas. Ask if red or green is more "picoso" since it varies by chilis used.

Date of visit: September 2019
JoeKendallTaosInn, General Manager at Doc Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear LindaS808,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. The chicken enchiladas are one of my menu favorites.

Hope to see you soon!

Taos Inn

Write a reviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I ate at Doc Martin's Fine indoor dining twice in September. The first meal was great, but when I cancelled the Fry Bread appetizer because it wasn't served with our wine as an appetizer, the waitress argued and had a mini-fit, then ignored our table from then on....not very professional! A week later my hubby & I ate there. I ordered the scallops which were luke warm!

Dear Debra C,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Feedback like this is invaluable in our efforts to improve. I apologize for the service you received during your visit. We strive to provide warm and welcoming service to all guests- and can assure you we are discussing this incident with our team members. I would like the opportunity to invite you back, as my guest, and ask that you reach out to me directly so we can arrange for another dinner; joe.kendall@taosinn.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just off of the plaza. They serve Gruet sparkling wine, a New Mexican product. Good food, professional service, and fairly high prices for a lunch.

Date of visit: September 2019
JoeKendallTaosInn, General Manager at Doc Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Patrick M,

Thank you for joining us for lunch. I hope that you have another opportunity to come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The restaurant is on-site at the Historic Taos Inn. Make sure you ask for recommendations for food and drink. The Margarita that was recommended by our server was the best I have ever tasted. Make sure you try to cornbread appetizer. I believe it was accompanied by chili butter - oh my gosh it was great. I had the trout with a tasty sauce. The trout was super fresh and so delicious - perfectly prepared. My husband had the 1/2 chicken which was also great. Our server was the best; he was attentive without bugging us, his recommendations were spot on and the service was impeccable.

Date of visit: September 2019
GraceTaos, Public Relations Manager at Doc Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal with us. You made some excellent selections. The cornbread is a staff favorite, and our trout is locally sourced- and so delicious! If you find yourself in Taos again, we hope you'll come back and dine with us again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very popular place on a Friday night. Live music and excellent dancers flipping around. The food was past good. Indian Fry bread - blue corn tortilla enchiladas. What could be wrong with all of that?

Date of visit: September 2019

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our atmosphere. With free live music nightly and our central location- there is nowhere quite like the Taos Inn. The Indian Fry bread is a new addition to our menu, I will be sure to pass your praise on to our chef. Best wishes and happy travels!