“Very good Elk burger!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed February 12, 2010

The food was good and different. Rattlesnake sausage and elk burgers delicious! Good service.

3  Thank travelingtheresa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed January 28, 2010

This is a lovely restaurant attatched to the hotel we stayed in. We only ate breakfast here so keep that in mind. The service was fine, they were a bit busy that morning and short of staff but the place was very clean. My husband enjoyed his omlette, the kids enjoyed their blueberry pancakes, but all I ordered was 1 egg & toast and the egg was served to me cold. The wait staff did not return for sometime to ask how things were & I was so hungry that I just ate the egg plus I typically do not like to return food do to the possiblity of repercussions. I would try the restaurant again though and if I do, I will update my review. There is also a bar and lounge in the lobby of this hotel but the bar closes way too early. My husband and I came back after having a romatic dinner at Lambert's (which was Fantastic) and playing at the Taos Casino we wanted to have a night cap but the bar was closed at 11p. Too bad

1  Thank LADYgRN
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We started our day at Doc Martin's and loved it! We had omlettes, huevos rancheros, and a huge bowl of organic oatmeal that was great! The prices were so good as well! Service was also impeccable. Ask for Erin if you go, she is a very sweet and attentive girl from L.A. Great place, great prices, great food. Period.

4  Thank tdplano
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Doc Martin's offers some solid menu choices, as well as unusual local fare, but overall, it doesn't rise to the level of fine dining experience one would expect from all the hype. We sampled quail, rattlesnake sausage, soups, bread, and chili rellenos, and all were average to above average, but nothing spectacular. The ambience is quieter and more comfortable than many Taos restaurants, but the service wasn't particularly good, and inexperienced waitstaff seemed overwhelmed on the Friday night we visited.

2  Thank DC_World_Traveler
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The food here is delicious and priced high as a result. I don't mind paying for good food so that's all and good. However, I would have liked improved customer service. The hostess did not acknowledge us for at least a minute as she discussed something with another employee. Our waiter was very friendly and polite but could have checked on us more frequently. The beverage attendant was very quiet and came off as unfriendly.

Overall, great food so give it a try. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the service!