“Great Atmosphere & truly Fantastic Food !”

Doc Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have eaten there several times & it is always top notch. Menu selection is great - everything from Southwestern to rare selections like ostrich. Great place- no disappointments .

There are newer reviews for Doc Martin's Restaurant

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The inn itself is awesome. Rooms inside overlook the small loung area/ inside restaurant. Usually live music until 10p. Great cozy atmosphere. But the chili rellenos are a great reason to stop in. Huge portion and covered in pepitas. Crunchy and cheesy and divine!

Adam K, Food & Beverage Director at Doc Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

We completely AGREE!!!!!! Thanks for the love. As always, see you at the Inn!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Walked into Doc Martin's Restaurant in the historic district of Taos and we were immediately impressed with the hotel lobby that's connected to it. It's two stories high with a sky light at the top, held by two immense beams. It's the Taos Inn. You enter the restaurant to the left side of that lobby. There is a patio outside in the front and before you enter the lobby, but the biggest treat for us was the BACK outside patio. It was more intimate and quiet and lots of greenery around you. You can also be seat in the dining room inside, but we like to sit outside when the weather permits. Their menu is very diverse --- i.e., my husband has grilled rabbit and rattlesnake sausage, certainly not something I had ever seen on a menu before! He said it was great. There were fish items, steaks, salads, chicken, soups, so something for everyone. It is not the cheapest place in town, but certainly not the most expensive either. Their night menu ran from approx. $16 for an entrée to around $38. We felt the food was well worth it. Staff is very friendly also. We would go back.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We choose to eat inside due to there was a lot of people with dogs seating on the outside patio. We went inside for Dinner, the food was good and reasonable priced, I got Bar-B-Q ribs for $18.00 dollars it was a good size plate of food more than I could eat. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have been to Taos numerous times but had not made it to Doc Martin's for dinner. We finally made it there last Friday night.

It was quite busy and we did not have reservations but we did not have to wait too long which was great!

We were seated near the bar. The place was packed and our waitress came by to let us know she would be us shortly.

I ordered the blue corn enchilada and my husband the Doc's Chile Rellenos Platter.

They were both good although my husband thought there was way too much cheese in his rellenos.

I was surprised to find out how expensive some of the dishes on the menu were.

As I said our food was good but seemed a bit expensive for what we had and compare to other restaurants we have been to in the area. The margarita I had was just ok and small.

The service was good.

Overall I am glad we tried it but I don't necessarily feel we have to return.