“Good meal at 5pm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doc Martin's Restaurant

Doc Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Grill, Contemporary, Fusion, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Good meal at 5pm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were about to leave Taos and wanted to go somewhere for dinner. I heard about Doc Martin's in a magazine that gave it good reviews. We got there right at 5pm when they were just opening and were sat immediately.

The restaurant sits in a historic building in the center of town and had a very cool authentic feel to it.

Our server was friendly and attentive and took good care of us. The food was very tasty (I had the scallop appetizer and the ribs for dinner, my partner had a sautéed shrimp entree.

The prices were a bit high for what you got and the menu seemed a little limited as there weren't a lot of entrees that interested me even though I am not picky. A good place to make a stop while in Taos, NM

• Visited March 2014

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hot spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Food was excellent, entertainment great and place was packed and full of energy. Restaurant was sold out so ate in the bar ( same menu). Service was top-notch despite their being at max capacity.

Visited February 2014
Southrn California
“Way Better than the Expected Shoe Leather!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Beyond the confusing name (with a wonderful historical story) this eatery is not to be confused with the boots by the same name. Located in the heart of historic Taos, the service and food were both first rate. I was dining with a friend/long-time resident of Taos, and this was her number-one choice for entertaining an out-of-town guest...need I say more?

Visited January 2014
Riverton, Wyoming
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the attached hotel and went here frankly, because I was recovering from a week plus on the road with a bad cold and didn't have the energy to venture outside the hotel. It was my last night in New Mexico and I couldn't stand leaving without having some New Mexican cooking, so I chose the Blue Corn Chicken Enchiladas. I was not disappointed! After a week of being unable to eat more broth soups and tea; I frankly doubted my ability to eat much. People think the secret of New Mexican cooking is "red" or "green" sauce, but it is also in the simplicity of dishes. Tender, moist chicken, rustic texture of blue corn tortilla, creamy cheese and the heat of green chili. Heaven, before I knew it, I'd eaten the entire enchilada.

Visited January 2014
Kansas
“Roasted garlic and goat cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Dined here Saturday night and would recommend making reservations - there was a live band in the adjacent bar area and it's a popular joint. The roasted garlic and goat cheese was amazing, as was the Caesar salad. We also had the steak and swordfish special, and the doc's green chili something with goat cheese...all very good. We had to stop our waiter a couple times but at least he could be found.

• Visited January 2014