“Excellent service and food”

Doc Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I liked the service and food, the people were very polite. There was nothing I didn't like.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

10 years ago when my wife and I were vacationing in Santa Fe some recommended we got to Taos and Doc Martin's for what they called the best Chili Relleno in the world. We did and it was. We went back last may and stayed in the hotel for the food and Music. The Music is great and free with a different band each night and the Chili Relleno is as good as ever. The Chili is stuffed and pecan incrusted and just out of this world. I love Nothern New Mexico style food much better than Tex-Mex or Californie style and Doc Martin's has what I think is the best Chili Relleno in the world

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We went with friends who wanted to try Doc Martins and, although they had been to Taos several times, had never been before. Quite frankly, it didn't live up to its reputation. The food was average quality (my wife's buffalo ribs had virtually no taste and my salmon was unexceptional), the wine list was huge but very pricey, and the menu was expensive even by Washington DC and New York standards. We had asked to be near the music entertainment, but were placed far away, and the place was so noisy you couldn't hear the entertainment much less your dinner companions. My recommendation: skip Doc Martines, go to Graham's Grille across the street instead. You'll have a much better meal for substantially less.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We had dinner here and the food, service, and character of this restaurant were all excellent. I had the Blue Corn Chicken Enchiladas and for dessert the Chocolate Dream. Both were delicious.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were given an excellent wine recommendation. The rainbow trout was superb. Elk tenderloin was average. Very nice atmosphere.