“Good Brew, Great Live Music”
Review of Eske's Brew Pub

Eske's Brew Pub
Ranked #42 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: The first Brew-Pub in New Mexico, Eske's is located in an historic one-time residence in the heart of Taos. We've been serving up Craft Beer and Southwest Pub-Style food since 1992.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 17, 2007

Good Brew, Great Live Music

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed August 20, 2006

First, its a brew pub. I've not had bad beer here, but I stick with the basics, IPA, Wheat. The food is, how do I say this best, the food is not bad. Meaning, its not great, its a pub, no complaints but its not about the food. Chips and salsa were ho hum. Actually pretty limited menu, and it doesn't seem to change much over the years. Now the up side is, it is a locals kind of place, and the beer is good.

1  Thank triguy46
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We didn't eat there, though I've read that the green chili is great. The patio is nice...eclectic mix of people. The brews were good, I tried the sampler of 4 of their beers. The green-chili beer was interesting, but not bad. It gives you a little zing and had good flavor. The stout was stout, and bitter, but good. The Scottish was the best. These all would have been better if the beer had been cold, but I guess they are trying to be European by serving it warm.

Reviewed February 16, 2006

Many of us Taosenos enjoy going to Eskes for one of their 6 handcrafted brews. The outdoor, tree shaded, dining area with the shared picnic tables is a great place to have lunch or dinner. Nothing beats sitting outside with a good brew, enjoying a light bite, and relaxing to some local live music. Remember, Taos is a "state of mind", and a visit to Eskes will assist you in acieving that sense of pure relaxation

1  Thank k9taos
Reviewed June 2, 2005

I love beer, especially wheat beer, so I was really excited to see that Taos had its own brew pub. After my first taste, I wish I had kept walking.

The wheat beer is flat and tasteless. I tried the Green Chile beer, which tastes as bad as it sounds. The Oatmeal beer was pretty good, but we quickly decided to leave.

The Alley Cantina, located in an alley off Taos Plaza, is a great local bar with a decent beer selection. Skip Eske's and go to the Alley Cantina.

3  Thank Tina H