“New Location, Same Quality...”
Review of Lambert's of Taos

Lambert's of Taos
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

For years we have enjoyed fine meals at Lambert's of Taos, and were disappointed to see that their location was vacant. To our delight, they have moved to the location of another of our favorite restaurants, The Apple Tree, which closed a couple of years ago. It is a charming adobe with a lovely courtyard where we had appetizers and margaritas one afternoon, and returned for dinner a couple of days later. The Treehouse Margarita is one of the best I've ever had, and my husband enjoyed a New Amsterdam Manhattan, although we did wait quite a while for our drinks. We chose to have Greek salads, mussels, and calamari instead of entrees, and they were all delicious...and the triple chocolate mousse was superb!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I hadn't been to Lambert's since their move and ownership change. In the past we would drive up to Taos from Santa Fe for an overnight stay just to eat at Lambert's, a five-star experience located in a cozy house set back from the main road. Now located off the plaza in a two-story, adobe building, the chef owner has maintained the high level of food excellence but something has been lost in the welcoming hospitality....Basic service is what one gets at most restaurants these days; an attention to welcoming hospitality is quite another thing.

Our Wednesday night experience was less than what we had come to expect from pasts visits. We were ushered into a small, rather dark room. The canned music rather than the strains of jazz played (gratefully, softly played). Our young waitress seemed harried. We were left with only water for a good 10 to 15 minutes, as the bartender was evidently backed up. She smiled a lot but maintained a decidedly robotic approach. After the excellent meal -- we would recommend the three-soup appetizer -- we went up to the upstairs bar for a nightcap...very noisy in a nondescript,functional setting. The bartender was very busy but did take the time to talk to us and went out of his way to put three coffee beans in my snifter of ouzo as a nod to tradition for bringing good luck. We learned the next day from the host at our B&B that "Tom" the manager of 15 years was no longer in charge and it shows. The owner/chef needs to get out of the kitchen and oversee what's going on in the front of the house and do a good deal of tweaking to bring this back to a 5-star experience.

2  Thank BAKSPIN
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went on a sat night (6:30ish), yes busy, but never busy enough to justify rude and retalitory. Waited at the bar for over 30 minutes watching two very unprofessional staff try to cram in more tippers than they can manage (I mean sloppy service) then had to deal with the same staff acting punk for simply asking for an item from the wrong menu (several menus were posted outside, a bit confusing). I was never given a correct menu even though i had verbalized to one of the staff what i wanted the minute i walked in. He said he wanted me to look at the menu anyway. Never got that menu after sitting at the bar for over 30 minutes. The "bartender" was sooo rude when i I asked to order, I decided to not order and asked for my check. Because I didn't want to order at that point i got my drink whisked away. when i told him i wasnt finished with my $15 margarita, he told me it looked finished to him! Raw sewage was a step up from that type of arrogant service. i then went to the Taos Inn where i enjoyed a lovely salad and calamari app, GREAT SERVICE, and that was my intention. By the way, i had tried to order their apple salad and Louisiana shrimp app from their bar. How do you explain that???? Mismangement and no concern for customer service is my best guess. I left no tip and stated why on the credit card voucher. The manager downstairs did say she would address the situation and was very kind. There is a point when being busy doesn't mean you are too busy to know where your money comes from and how important being nice to customers is to the integrity of the business. I am more than your next tip and a busy night is not a license to scrimp on service. Wonder how they would have reacted to the same service, I think we all know that answer.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

First time we've eaten in Lambert's since they changed locations. I love the new restaurant - a beautiful restoration/renovation that has clean lines and a good atmosphere. There are several small rooms which add an intimacy to the restaurant that was not possible in the old location. We had just arrived in Taos on our way to the ski valley when we dropped in without a reservation. No problem. Most of the meal would be hard to beat anywhere. Appetizers included a melt in your mouth cornmeal dusted calamari with chipotle aioli and a delicious mushroom risotto. Main courses were a unique beef stroganoff with noodles and the most tender buffalo tenderloin I have ever eaten. It was served with mashed sweet potatoes with blue cheese, a blueberry demi-glaze and sauteed kale with bacon. I'm still dreaming about the flavours. The cinnamon brioche bread pudding was perfection. The only thing that was less than superb was the triple chocolate mousse cake, though I did manage to eat the whole thing... Looking forward to my next meal there.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Incredible food, creative cocktails, fresh seasonal ingredients, and knowledgable, attentive servers.