“Good Choice for Lunch in Taos”
Review of Lambert's of Taos

Lambert's of Taos
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was in Taos for the day, and doing some shopping in the John Dunn House shops off of Bent Street. Lamberts was recommended to me as a nice nearby place for lunch, especially for a good salad. I enjoyed a delicious eggplant parmesan sandwich with a special house salad as my side.

Good food, great service, and was in and out in an hour for those who may be on a schedule. Also very reasonably priced, good value for a lunch or dinner dining option while visiting Taos!

1  Thank Jaguarbeth

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Sitting at the edge of the Taos Plaza, Lambert's is an intimate place, with several small dining rooms where each table is covered in white cotton tablecloths. The lighting is perfect--not too dim, not too bright. The service is as remarkable as the food.

I started with the Madeira onion soup, on to the Classic Caesar Salad, my entree--although not shown on the online menu--was salmon. For dessert, bread pudding with blueberries and rum sauce. Oh, and they make their own bread.

This was, bar none, the best meal I had in Taos, and do recommend this fine restaurant to anyone, for any occasion.

1  Thank George S
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Lamberts in Taos. A wonderful experience. Great service, a cute great place and most of all, one of the best meals I've ever enjoyed. My first decision was: which of the three tempting soups? Well, this great restaurant offered a 4th choice: the 3 soup sampler. I got to try all 3 and they were all absolutely wonderful. From the onion soup, to the spicy clam/corn chowder and the spicy green chili stew. Accompanied by housemade bread, which tasted like it was fresh baked from scratch. Absolutely delicious. It would be difficult for the main course to match these starters. But match them it did. I had the filet minon. It was exquisite. Easily one of the best steaks I've ever enjoyed, along with the creamiest mashed potatoes and broccoli which actually was flavorful. A completely declicious meal with superb service. And to top it off, the 3-berry cobler was to die for. I am tempted to drive the 4 1/2 hours to Taos again just to have dinner at Lambert's. It is that good. Most heartily recommended.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Based on wonderful reviews of Lambert's we contacted them to discuss hosting a night-before-the-wedding-dinner event for forty-five people. From beginning to end they were extremely professional, worked with us to create a menu for our group and were so helpful in keeping within our budget for the event! Our guests could not say enough about how much they enjoyed the delicious food and exceptional service that evening! The dishes we had as options on our menu for the guests were: Organic Greens Salad, Wild Mushroom Risotto, Atlantic Salmon, Beef Stroganoff with Fruit Plate or Zeke's Mousse as dessert options. Everything was spot on fantastic as were the wines they served. As it was October and a bit chilly, we opted to host our event inside within three adjoining rooms but highly recommend the lovely patio for event gatherings when it's warmer weather out. We were also delighted to find they had created customized menus to hand out to guests that evening - such a nice touch! And two of our guests had specific dietary requirements and Lambert's assisted by providing for that couple's needs as well. We highly recommend Lambert's for any special event or just a delicious meal, and only wish we were closer so we'd be able to enjoy dining there on a regular basis! Thank you to the very talented chef, Ky, as well as, Molly, Sara and a most excellent wait-staff at Lamberts for making our gathering such a worry-free, lovely experience!

1  Thank babybeejou
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We really enjoyed this place beyond any expectations. The ambience was just right--lighting, music, small dining rooms, bar/lounge (which was patterned after someones living room), comfy, cozy and gracious in a casual Taos way. Service was very good and each course a delight. Also, a wonderful cappuccino and dessert specials. For what we got, too, the price was more than fair. I've had far worse meals for much more--highly recommend you find your way to this lovely restaurant and Taos in general!