“Yum!”

Ranked #7 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our B&B hostess recommended Lambert's on our first night in Taos, and we were very glad she did. It has a charming, comfortable atmosphere, small and cozy rooms. Service was helpful, friendly and prompt. Best of all was the food, particularly the mussels which my husband ordered. He tends to like a traditional mussels sauce, which this wasn't -- but it was delicious. We asked for more bread when the mussels were gone so we could soak up the excess!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

There were three of us for dinner and we all agreed it was tops. We started at the upstairs bar and had a "good pour" drink before dinner. Tom waited on us and gave us great service and good advice. We loved the venison, pork is so bucco and the lamb chop was deemed the best ever by a fussy eater. I loved my tuna tartar and the great chocolate cake with berries. A charming and comfortable place with a friendly buzz, you will love it for dinner.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Lambert's used to be located in the old Randall House and has recently moved to it's new location on Bent Street. It's located in an old house with an upstairs treehouse bar and an enclosed patio on the main floor. The walls are thick and each room is set with tables and candles and has soft lighting. The menu is continental with southwest and Spanish overtones. I had the paella and my husband had slow cooked beef. Both were excellent as was the service. Very romantic place.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were initially disappointed that our favorite restaurant in Taos, the Apple Tree, was closed. However, we were delighted with our meals at Lambert's, which took over the building a number of years ago. We sat inside in a small room with a little adobe fire place. The tables were pretty close so you could hear everyone's conversation, but the ambience was cozy. We always ordered blue corn enchiladas at Apple Tree, so decided to try them here. The waiter warned us they were very hot, and he was not exaggerating. We probably should have ordered steak or fish, but couldn't resist. We had a wonderful server from Sweden who kept us in good spirits and took very good care of us. We will go back again when in Taos.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I am a vegetarian and went to this place with my husband and friends, otherwise I'd not have gone. The menu is heavy on meat and seafood, which all looked nice, but food for non-meat eaters was practically non-existent. What there was was not very good. I'd think that a restaurant that is this expensive would have a bit more creativity in its menu choices. I'd never go back. My husband and our friends liked it, but didn't rave about it.