“High Maintenance Dining”

Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I took my wife to Lambert's for her birthday dinner. Good restaurant. Good food, well prepared salads and entres, not cheap. Remember, you are in Taos. Extensive wine list, with Taos prices. Service impeccable, setting dreamy, especially outside. Inside can be noisy in the small rooms. Weather permitting, sit outside.

2  Thank lrrhodes

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A charming adobe building with many small dining rooms. Charming old building. Great food. Very good service. Very good wine list. A bit snobby, but worth it.

1  Thank MfromCO
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been visiting Taos for about 15 years and this was my first visit to Lamberts. The service was ok,we were seated right away,our order taken and food arrived. It was lunch time so I had the soup and salad special. My onion soup was very disppointing not at all what I expected. Not much of a onion taste,not much cheese. My tomato salad was ok. I think everything was just average.

2  Thank pcc10
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was my first try at Lamberts. I have been visiting Taos for years but had not eaten at the old location so was curious to try them at their new location on Bent Street. The service was very good, we sat outside in the patio area under the apple tree. The food however was just average. Considering the price paid this should have been a spectacular meal. The drinks from the bar were also just average in flavor. Considering the length of time this establishment has been in business (over twenty years accoring to the waiter) I expected better.

It was not horrible, but it felt like it was food from a standard place like applebees, chile's etc. Not what I expected at all.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lambert's is a well known Taos experience but not for my wife and I. We went based on the recommendation of a Taos resident. It was a quiet time between lunch and dinner and the service was frankly poor. There were few other diners in our section but we felt ignored. My wife had the lobster grilled cheese based on our waitress' recommendation. Nice baked bread but the lobster was hiding. Beautiful historic building so perhaps it was just an off day.

1  Thank David116116