“"Yummy Dining, Fair Prices, Friendly Service!"”
Review of Lambert's of Taos

Lambert's of Taos
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a warm hostess welcome and hand-off to our server, Aaron, we enjoyed a delicious lunch in Lambert's lovely, parasol-shaded patio. Two of our party savored 'chicken/mango enchiladas' (a house specialty...mmm!); I chose the day's special, 'chicken and porcini risotto', delicious, perfectly prepared and in just the right size portion (to allow me to comfortably sample my wife's tasty enchilada :)... Lambert's recent relocation to the heart of Taos, NM, is ideal for tourists and 'gallery-hoppers' in this unique and arty western town. We skipped dessert today, but the mixed berry cobbler almost lured me to 'break training'. This is the place to lunch for locals and day-trippers to Taos. Oh, our lunch (for 4) was under $60. ..real value!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The courtyard made a very nice setting for a wonderful dinner. I ordered the soup trio for appetizer, which consisted of onion soup, seafood and corn chowder, and green chili stew. The green chili stew was outstanding, with different layers of flavors stewed into the green chili and al dente vegetables to give color, taste, and texture. The onion soup was alright, but could be improved by caramelizing the onions slowly to achieve more depth. The corn chowder was good -- better than the onion soup. However, it also could be improved with slight modifications. For my main dish, I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and other veggies. I ordered it medium rare, and it was perfect. The quality of this dish was truly five star. Yum! I had tiramisu for dessert. It was kind of like a combination of a custard cream pie and a traditional tiramisu. Very good. I will certainly go to this restaurant again. My food experience was delightful, and the wait staff was attentive, intelligent, and friendly.

1  Thank Borden2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After finding that all of the restaurants mentioned in our guide book were no longer in business, and looking for a good place for lunch, we turned down Dent Street, off the main street in Taos, and ran into Lamberts. It has indoor and and indoor dining, The service was great, although they were very full. The food was very good. I had a trio of soup samplers and shrimp tacos, and my wife a tomato and strawberry salad. It was just what we needed.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After a day of driving to Taos, my wife and I made a dinner reservation at Lambert’s at their new location which was within walking distance of our lodging. The restaurant was not very busy at 7:30 on a Thursday, so we had a quiet dinner with excellent service. My wife chose the 3-bowl sampler of green chile stew, French onion soup and corn chowder plus a beet salad. Lambert’s had hit the mother lode of hot green chile that night! We knew we were back in northern New Mexico. The beet salad with pistachios and goat cheese was fresh and flavorful. I had a mango chicken enchilada, the creative rendition of a traditional New Mexico favorite. This was a generous and delicious serving. The menu has many interesting sounding dinner selections that offer variety for return visits.

1  Thank Henry A
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Though the original owners (the Lamberts) and original location have changed, good management has preserved the quality of the food and dining experience. New location in Annie Oaklie's former home in historic Taos. Casual dining on beautifully prepared and presented food. A quality dining experience, even for the jaded.