“Great Pizza in Taos” 4 of 5 bubbles

Taos Pizza Out Back
Ranked #27 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenlawn
“Great Pizza in Taos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

A great variety of well made pizza by the slice or various pie sizes. Slices are huge and a great value. Add to it lots of great brews at reasonable prices and you've got a right on food experience in Taos!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Fayetteville, AR
“Always our First Meal in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Absolutely our favorite place to go on our trips to Taos. We always have to go 2-3 times during our week there. Fun, value, good food and people watching.

Visited July 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I'm good with quirky!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

In a recent pass through of Taos, we again chose to grab a 'slice' (they are huge, somehow the conception of 'slice' seems minimizing) at Pizza Outback. Our family has enjoyed stopping here every time we visit the area, as the variety of pizza variations, beer options, and outstanding salad dressing are always well appreciated. Might it be a tricky place to park? Sure. Could some serving staff be less attentive than you'd prefer? Depends on the year. But I also tend to enjoy the serving staff, who frequently are unique folks with intermittent doses of out-there styling...but for me this flows well with the artistic beauty of life - both manmade and natural - in this part of New Mexico. While the vibe might be 'younger' (such notions are relative), I'm getting pretty geriatric in age and still well enjoy it. We always bring containers (Gatorade bottles work well...) to buy some of the salad dressing to take home with us (which is 700 miles away...yep, keep ice in the cooler). I'll look forward to going back!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Amarillo, TX
“We planned our trip to include dinner here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We love this place! We ate here about 4 years ago and loved it. Went back last summer with friends (there were 6 adults and 6 kids) and loved it again. They have a great beer selection and patio area. I had 1 or 2 beers, a slice of pizza (which I could not finish-it was huge) and split a large salad with my husband. The only complaint I have is that the"'large" salad wasn't really that large (especially for the price). This year we went back for a weekend trip and we ordered a 12" "Southwest" and it was delicious. We ordered it to go and took it back to our hotel room. It was done in 20 minutes. My husband and I had leftovers for the drive home the next day too. Their pesto is really good, and so is their pesto salad dressing. I think 20$ is a steal for a tasty pizza with fresh and interesting ingredients. Highly recommended!

Questa, New Mexico, United States
“The worst service I have ever experienced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I will never go back. Waited 20 minutes to get something to drink and had to flag down a waiter to do that, should have left the place then. Was with a party of ten half the table was served 30 minutes later the rest of the table watch as they ate. After that had to pretty much beg to get the other half of the tables food served to them. 1 hour later after plenty of begging finally got the food for the rest of the group. Some of the meals were incomplete missing bread for the pasta dishes and were promised that it would be provided shortly,never showed up. Salads came 20 minutes after main course was finished total dissatisfaction. Chef Ramsey should go and straighten up that place. Until then don't waist your time going there,go to Pisano's.

• 1 of 5 bubbles