“Good local pizza, could use a service upgrade” 3 of 5 bubbles

Taos Pizza Out Back
Ranked #27 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wylie, TX
“Good local pizza, could use a service upgrade”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

Sought this one out while we were in Taos yesterday. I love to eat local pizza rather than some chain. Excellent example of that genre! I can highly recommend the pizza.

By city standards, the table service was fairly haphazard, and for $1.95, I would expect free refills on soda rather than 1 refill. But the biggest disappointment was their addition of a 15% gratuity for our one-family table of seven. That's a great way to keep me from coming again.

Jefferson City, MO
“Worth Coming Bck For..........Again & Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

Our kids were pre-teens when we visited this place on a local recommendation many years ago. The atmosphere was not what we expected - a bit shack-like, but the food was outstanding. We loved the Basil Pesto dressing so much we brought a jar home. Several years later, we were in NM and the kids (teens by then) urged us to go back which we willingly did. Again, excellent! We brought home 2 jars of the Basil Pesto dressing this time -- excellent on salads or on meats. This time my husband and I will be traveling through the area (without the now-adult kids) and I'm trying desperately to figure out how we jaunt up to Taos on our way back to Missouri. It is definitely worth the effort............I'm not even sure how we were turned on to the dressing because I'm fairly certain we ate the pizza, but it was all good !!!!

Midwest
“Fantastic Pizza!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

What a great surpise in Taos. Excellent pizza with fresh ingredients. Wheat crust was delicious. Variety of interesting combination pizzas. Owner is very nice and an organic farmer -- she knows fresh and demands it.

Baton Rouge
“The BEST pizza of all time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

We go to Taos every year for many years, and this is our first stop....All I can say is this place has the best pizza hands down! The slices are HUGE, the toppings are fresh, the crust is a little thick, but not "pan style", and the sauce is an original taste.... a little smoky and so wonderful! When we're not in Taos, we rave on and on about this pizza. The salads are really good too and their "house" dressing is KILLER> If you ever find yourself going to or thru Taos, you need to stop and experience this cool place. We'll be there again this weekend.....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite Pizza place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2008

My favorite Pizza place on earth. Haven't been there in a while. I miss the place. Maybe someone in New Mexico can send me some pizza?

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook