“Stinky hippie resort”

Taos Pizza Out Back
Ranked #29 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Freshly Made Pizzas, Pastas, Salads, & Soups. Our House Made Pesto Vinaigrette Is Amazing! We Offer Beer & Wine. To-Go or Dine In.
Reviewed May 26, 2011

It used to be very good, but in the past decade you can see a decrease in quality of service, food, staff, and overall managment. The last time I visited this restaurant, I saw a gentlemen with a tank top on in the kitchen, long hairy arm pits sweating all over the dough he was rolling out....I was very grossed out. I am pretty sure they do not have a hygene ordnance in play at this establishment. Have you seen there bathroom upkeep? I would hate to see what their kitchen looked like. Plus I know a few employees of Outback Pizza who have been shafted out of their pay. Not good business to local, loyal residents. At one time this establishment was refferable, but now, not at all on my go to list.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Best pizza ive had in a long time. Our service was excellent, we went on a Wed. Night. Taos yum was delicious-cookies, ice cream or dessert.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

The food at this dump is AWFUL. I have had much better pizza from dominos. The service is HORRENDOUS. Avoid this over-rated dump.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

We drove up from angelfire on the recommendation from friends. Pizza was good not great... It was very hot inside. Service was the big issue... All the servers looked like carnival workers ... Lots of tats and piercings. Our server had her mouth fastened with stainless rings. We were put off by the hygienic appearance of our food handlers. If you have a strong stomach... This might be your place

1  Thank Cocodemocus
Reviewed January 27, 2011

A cute looking place but service is TERRIBLE. The restaurant policy seems to be to seat you immediately, bring drinks, and then let you wait while they fill take-out orders. The "drink waitress" cannot take food orders so we waited 45 minutes before we could even order a pizza. An hour later we still had no food, one grandchild had his head on the table and the other was in tears and begging to leave. When we told the waitress we needed either a pizza or a check, she literally disappeared for half an hour. We finally did get our pizza, but it had mounds of cheese on one half and none on the other, and the sauce was tasteless. My grand-daughter (who usually lovesany way, shape or form of pizza) looked at us and asked why we waited so long for such yucky pizza. Good question. There are plenty of good restaurants in Taos (Michaels the following evening was wonderful) - we won't make the same mistake again.