“Best 2-Mile Hike Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Best 2-Mile Hike Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Lots of snow on the trail ... but it was not too hard since the hike is so short.

Try to park near the Bavarian Lodge. 2 miles from the sign at the start of the trail to the lake. Stunning vistas almost the entire way ... and the lake was something else.

Even though the trail was under snow, there were a lot of people hiking.

I would suggest that anyone visiting the Taos area take this trail.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank hannmen

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I hiked this trail last week. it was very cold and windy, and the trail was snow covered and icy in spots, but it was a great hike. The views are amazing, and I would recommend the hike to anyone in reasonably good condition. I would advise taking a few days to acclimate to the altitude, and good sturdy hiking shoes are a must. I would've really appreciated having my hiking stick, also, because of the conditions.

Visited May 2014
Taos, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Hike in All Seasons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Whether looking for a wonderful Fall hike or attempting a winter hike on snowshoes, Williams Lake is one of the favorite hikes in Taos. Starting at 10,000 ft, we recommend you take a day to adjust to the altitude before attempting this moderate hike.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank HospitalityPI
Collingswood
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Snowshoeing on fresh powder ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This was a great trail to try snowshoeing for the first time. With recent snowfall, some areas we made fresh tracks and that was pretty fun. I loved all the snow on the trees and the solitude. Being from the east coast, I had trouble catching my breath going up even though I wasn't that tired so I assume it was the altitude so I would just take your time if you are not used to it. I really enjoyed pouncing through the snow on the way back down. We only saw one other couple who had to turn around because they only had boots on and the snow was too deep. I would check recent snowfall and select proper footwear before going up. Definitely a fun hike though.

Taos, New Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Worth the hike, but only 3M is not what you think at altitude”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hike is a great day trip. Take warm enough layers to easily shed-because the hike is uphill most of the way, but you end at a Glacier Lake and can then get cold/wind making staying uncomfortable. Food or energy bars are a solid end at the lake. Nice picnic spot and good base camp for a next day up to Wheeler Peak.

Visited January 2014