“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Shady Brook Cafe

Shady Brook Cafe
Ranked #65 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Southwestern, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Shady Brook Café is open for breakfast and lunch serving upscale continental cuisine using local, organic, fresh ingredients, yet priced affordably. Also served are gourmet coffee, fresh baked artisan bread and pastries, and homemade ice cream and sorbet. Vegetarian items are also available. Set among the tall pines of Taos Canyon, guests can enjoy outdoor dining on the patio or deck. Weekend events include fine dining and outdoor BBQ's with entertainment. Please visit our website to view our calendar of events.
Reviewed June 8, 2012

In the seven years I have lived in Taos, this was the best meal I've had. Every other weekend, Rob, the chef, is preparing themed five course dinners. I was fortunate enough to have a reservation for Italian night last weekend. Growing up Italian, I was just happy to let someone else cook...but I was overwhelmed at the finesse this chef has with flavor. The superb wine pairings were much appreciated. The service could not have been better. The ambience was so inviting and cozy, I could just picture it in the winter! My husband and I are going this weekend for breakfast, the buzz around town is that it's great, too.
This summer they will have barbeques and clam bakes in the amazing outdoor area which includes a fire pit area and a stage as well as dining. Summer evenings should be spent listening to music, eating great food and relaxing on the deck...and Shadybrook Cafe is the best place to have all three.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recently went to Shady Brook for their first dinner event. I wasn't sure what to expect as the last I'd known it was in shambles. Walking in though I quickly understood what I was in for. There has been a serious renovation on this property and it is incredible. The building is absolutely beautiful in and out. The owners of the restaurant have done an impeccable job with the decor and ambiance. I immediately felt comfortable and welcome. Every inch had attention to detail. There was a fresh bouquet of roses over the fireplace that was lit with candles. The music was great. The service was great. The tables were beautiful. Everyone was socializing and drinking wine before the 5 course dinner. I kept thinking if the food matches this they'll be lucky. After everyone was seated the waitress brought out freshly baked bread to the tables and the chef came out and gave a nice presentation of what we'd be eating. I could go on and on about all the courses, which he even had hidden courses that came out. To make a long story short, the food was simply the best I've ever had in my entire life. I've eaten all over the world too. From Manhattan to LA's best, this beat everything!!!!!!! Again, so much attention to detail. Every course flowed perfectly. This young man has truly made an art and science of what he does. This is no little out of the way diner to stop at. If this keeps up this will be a world class dining destination to be reckoned. I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience. I will definitely be back as often as possible and I recommend this to anyone that can go.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This new restaurant is finally open. We have eagerly awaited the day we would be able to stop in on the way to Taos from Angel Fire; this property has undergone a very long and extensive period of renovation and includes some gorgeous new condo rental units along with the new restaurant. When we saw the 'open' signs as we drove through Taos Cyn, it took me a moment to react, but we were so eager to try it out for breakfast that we made a u-turn and went back, and boy are we glad we did.
The decor and ambiance is 5-star Santa Fe style! Beautiful stone floors and viga and tongue and grove ceilings, along with many other beautiful architectural treatments make the Shady Brook cafe a wonderfully appealing place to eat. Everything was clean and neat. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly and provided excellent service.
We enjoyed our breakfast. Coffee was the right strength and my wife's juevos rancheros and my country style breakfast were prepared very pleasingly and was delicious.
In an area where it is not easy to find restaurants that offer attractive and clean environments and excellent food and service, Shady Brook Cafe is a very welcome addition.
If you're headed through Taos Canyon, stop by and have breakfast or lunch at this place, you'll be glad you did.