“Wonderful Bathrooms!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful Bathrooms!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'm a sucker for clean, spacious bathrooms with huge bathtubs and sexy showers. The Sagrodo did it for me (and it's worth mentioning that I stayed in only a standard room). The hotel's grounds are beautiful - lots of natural landscaping, lush foliage, and small trickling waterfalls into ponds. The location was also great - only a couple blocks walk from the center plaza and several shops, restaurants, and galleries. My only negative comment is that this hotel charges for daily parking...I recommend taking an extra long shower or a nice deep soak in the tub to make up for it. ...Maybe also consider cranking the air conditioner and gassing up the fireplace for a nice, romantic evening in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GWARnachos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to Taos for a wedding at the hotel and just dont have enough good things to say about the property. The staff was wonderful, the setting georgous and the food (both at the restaurant and room service) was terrific. I'm not sure when I will be back in Taos but when I am I would definitely stay here!

Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our first visit to Taos and this hotel was fabulous. From the parking attendants (offering water to us each time we left) to the attendants who checked us in, all provided exceptional service. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. The grounds were amazing, a very zen-like experience with running water and gorgeous flora and fauna. And the spa....had a spectacular ninety minute massage. The receptionist at the spa as well as all the hotel staff we came in contact with bent over backwards to hep us. This is a hotel to visit in order to escape the hectic pace of the modern world and feel transposed back to another simpler time. We ate a meal in the bar and had fabulous service and food. Green Chili Mac & Cheese....If you want a spa-like environment in a great location, walking distance to town, stay here. The only thing that could have made it better would be outdoor seating areas to read or just relax in the lushly landscaped areas, since the pool was indoors.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2013

For a resort we were dissapointed. I guess for Taos this is ok but for us it was not. Was it clean (somewhat see below) and comfortable yes. Was it quiet and tranquil - yes.

The good:
The restaurant had fabulous food for dinner. We almost didn't go because it was so vacant but we are glad we did - this was the best meal that we had in Taos (giving it a 5 star review under trip advisor De La Tierra).

The grounds are shaded and pretty.

The bad:
The resort is really shaded and greatkt lacks anywhere to relax and enjoy the grounds outside. There is no outdoor pool and no lounges to sit and read a book which forces you to stay in your room - really??? Management needs to for one put in a small pool and if not put in twenty random lounge chairs with small tables around the property.

The rooms are dark. Even with the windows shades open it is dark. Management needs to lift some foliage around the property and trim some trees. We wanted to sit on our terrace and enjoy a glass of wine it but it was too dark to enjoy the surroundings. We stayed in a suite. Before check in we also looked at a casita which was also dark and not that impressive. The Taos rooms looked like they got more sun but were in a more run down area of the resort.

The terrace is not clean. It looked as though our terrace had not been cleaned for a month. This is obvious an area of neglect. Was the room clean - yes but not the terrace. The pads on the outdoor chairs were filthy I had to put a towel over the chairs to sit in them. There was dust/pollen/dirt/bugs/leaves and other debris all over the terrace. We called two times two hours in advance of needing the terrace for it to be cleaned. We were told we will be right up - twice. My husband had to go downstairs finally to ask for a broom to do it ourselves and we were asked "is it really that dirty?" When they finally sent housekeeping they swept everything off the terrace (we were on the second floor and hoped there was noone below us - how unprofessional).

We stated on our reservation that this was an anniversary and nothing was said or done to welcome us there for our special occasion.

In summary it was not memorable in any way - and we would not go back nor recommend. We stayed in two other locations while in Toas and found them both better in all ways.

Stayed two nights here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Love2dine054
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After driving over 800 miles in the region and being away from Northern NM for over 20 years, I decided to re-check Taos out. Wow! I was in a glowing trance when I checked in at El Monte Sagrado, and very grateful to Los Rios Runners for making my reservation at this Oasis above the Gorge. My casita, Painted Horse, was perfect: the well-appointed decor & firm bed, the private patio; the deep soaking tub, lighting, marble sink, Bose sound system, adobe fireplace, all amenities including a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon should I need it. And everything worked!
The spa was fantastic. Tim gave me the best deep tissue massage ever & likewise, Jill, the best facial. I spent an entire afternoon roaming around the facility to admire all genres of the High-End Kessler Art collection. Supreme! Also, the Bio-sustainability of the resort must be saluted given the water issues in the Southwest. Thank you for reviving this pilgrim!

Room Tip: The casitas appear to best for singles or couples; near the spa & close to the fitness room &...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
las vegas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We very much enjoyed the design and execution of the theme on the El Monte Sagrado property. Our room, with large soaking tub, was excellent in all respects. We will happily stay at the property again.
As a career senior Human Resources Executive in the resort industry, I couldn't help but notice a need for significant training in order to provide the highest level of guest service consistent with the relative cost of this resort experience.
Our on property dining experiences were overall excellent. Hopefully a slight billing/Marriott Points issue weill be satisfactorily resolved.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Cannot say enough about how kind the staff has been while we have stayed here while we had to evacuate from our home in South Fork, Colorado due to wildfires! They allowed us an early check in after escaping from the fire and smoke, gave us an upgrade because I had family members visiting me. The property is walking distance to the Plaza and is tucked away out of sight and out of the hustle and bustle. Each casita has its on private little back garden for peace and relaxation. Artwork is for sale and beautiful. I'm looking forward to visiting the hotel's art gallery which is above the lobby. Staff from front desk, to valets, to housekeeping have been exemplary.

Room Tip: Well worth upgrading to a beautiful suite. Each one is decorated differently.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family