“need to spruce up” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Amherst, Massachusetts
“need to spruce up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This restaurant was suggested by our host in Taos so I assumed it would be good. The place is in real need of some sprucing up; we sat on the deck and there is lots of peeling paint. The food is good and I would go back but I hope they do something to make the atmosphere match the food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Espanola, New Mexico
“Fried Rice?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The service was average, I requested if my dish, could use fried rice, my response was "no fried rice", most other Asian restaurant if applied a fee of 2.00 for fried rice, I couldn't even get that. The food was overwhelming and it was due to, too much rice, and not enough meat or veggies. A little pricey for the food that we ate. Next time will try the lunch menu.

Visited May 2014
“Deluxe vegetables and delicious tofu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The dish I got was really good. I can't remember the name of it, but it came with "deluxe vegetables" and delicious tofu. I have never had a tofu dish I didn't enjoy here. So good...

The atmosphere was kind of weird. I started it off by knocking over my giant glass of water while trying to stack the menus. Ooops! The waitress was gracious and friendly (as she always is) even though I gave her an unexpected cold splash.

My party's mistake was sitting in the area of the restaurant near the ice machine. It's difficult to converse when the wait staff is digging out ice.

Finally, the dishwasher (the machine, not the person) was LOUD the day we were there. It sounded kind of like a chainsaw was very close to us.

Next time I eat at Song's (and there WILL be a next time) I will sit far away from the beverage station and do my best not to spill my water. I can only hope the dishwasher (the machine, not the person) isn't quite so loud.

• Visited July 2014
“Excellent tofu dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I love the tofu dishes here. The food is really good and the service is very good. The waitress/owner is very friendly. Food gets to you fast and hot. I really enjoy this place.

Visited December 2013
Colorado Springs
“A pearl among closed clams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

First, every restaurant closes by 9:00p in Taos. Second, restaurants are overpriced. We were lucky that Song's welcomed us inside after 9p for a hot, hearty meal at very reasonable prices. Others were there and the service was attentive. Very good food!