“Awesome time at Red Rock!”

Mountain Skills Rock Guides, LLC
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Taos
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Skills Rock Climbing Guides offers guided rock climbing trips to the best climbing destinations in Northern New Mexico, and Las Vegas, NV. Whether you are a first time beginner or a seasoned veteran, come visit one of these pristine locations with us. You will be led by our professional, friendly, and experienced staff through an enjoyable adventure where you can relax and climb with confidence. Our staff has experience working with one on one privates, families, scout groups, church groups, corporate team building, and school groups of all sizes.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I had a great time climbing at Red Rock. I am experienced in climbing, but had a bad ankle, and my husband had his first experience climbing here. I felt so good about the company when they were in constant contact for information. Since I did book kind of last minute, I was expecting much less than I got. I'm so happy with the company and guide. Glenda was really friendly, knowledgeable, and fun!

I would use this company in a heart beat if I go climbing in Vegas again! Loved it!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Everything was very well organized, and our guide, Jay was great. We did one of the popular peaks and Jay found a nice way around the crowds - we were there on Black Friday. Difficulty level was perfect for our climbing skills. Overall, we had exactly the kind of day and climbing experience that we wanted.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter and I have climbed with these guys two summers in a row and have had great experiences. The first year we did a half day of climbing in the Taos Mountains and it was a great time. Jay, our guide, was really helpful and patient and really helped us improve our climbing skills in a short time. This was our first time climbing outdoors on REAL rocks and we loved it. The next year we came back for a full day of climbing near Sipapu resort. It was a beautiful, quiet place, very peaceful and beautiful. We spent the whole day tackling routes that were very challenging. I probably over stated our climbing abilities so we really struggled on some of the climbs but our guide was very patient and helpful. I really recommend these folks and climbing in northern New Mexico. It was a wonderful experience and we will definitely do it again.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Mountain Skills set us up with an excellent guide, Dan Young. It is a little nerve racking to put your life in someone elses hands but I felt completely safe with our guide. He provided a great place to climb that challenged us at different skill levels within the group. We learned a lot and had fun. Thanks for the amazing experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a great time with our guide Dan Young at Red Rock Canyon, He was very focused on safety but never at the expense of a great climbing experience. He reviewed with us the equipment, and the dos and don'ts of how to use the gear. He provided suggestions on how to improve our climbing skills without handholding us up the rock face. I would definitely recommend this company and our guide Dan.