“Beautiful rush”

Mountain Skills Rock Guides, LLC
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Taos
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Skills Rock Climbing Guides offers guided rock climbing trips to the best climbing destinations in Northern New Mexico, and Las Vegas, NV. Whether you are a first time beginner or a seasoned veteran, come visit one of these pristine locations with us. You will be led by our professional, friendly, and experienced staff through an enjoyable adventure where you can relax and climb with confidence. Our staff has experience working with one on one privates, families, scout groups, church groups, corporate team building, and school groups of all sizes.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Jay and Peter did a great job of going through safety, prep and technique as were setting up to do the initial repel. This was my first time to ever repel and I loved the two types of repel setups that we were able to try. The view was spectacular as you look down at the Rio Grande! I would definitely recommend these guys for repelling or climbing!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

In 2012, my wife and I took a group of young adults (college age) to the Taos area. We had in mind to do some challenging activities and happened upon Mountain Skills. What a great team! Jay and crew really did an outstanding job of teaching and encouraging our group with our personal safety always at the forefront.

In 2013, my son and niece who both went in 2012, suggested that we do an extended family vacation in the same area and do the same activities. I think we enjoyed ourselved even more this year. Jay - what a great guide!! He can encourage even the most timid first-timer to trust him and the equipment. We had a blast and would gladly do it again!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

These folks are a great crew.
Always professional and always friendly.
They are very experienced and safety is their main priority...followed by fun!
The guides are always happy to teach you about climbing and they are very encouraging
as you are making your ascent up the rock.

So happy to work with them and will always call them back.
You guys and gals rule!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been organizing rock climbing trips for my middle school students for the past several years. This year was the first time that both parents and kids had only great things to say about the climbing guides. It is rare to find the perfect combination of beautiful climbing areas w/a variety of routes for all skill levels PLUS safe, professional guides PLUS those same guides obviously have a passion for climbing and want to share that with kids! These guides conveyed respect and enthusiasm for each climber. They not only belayed, but also gave excellent climbing instruction and encouragement. I appreciate all the time and thought put forth to make our climbing days such a phenomenal experience.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The climbing with Dan Young in Red Rocks NV was the kind of experience that we all live for. As a guide he is experienced, safe, pleasant and words cannot describe the memorable experience I had.

Thx.