“Excellent BBQ, one of the greatest restaurants for ambiance in N. New Mexico”
Review of Jeff's Joint BBQ - CLOSED

Jeff's Joint BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Excellent BBQ, one of the greatest restaurants for ambiance in N. New Mexico. Very clean and new, this restaurant doesn't have that run down feeling of most of the other mom & pop restaurants in Taos. Great bbq too, awesome service. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank bruce p

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Jeff's is VERY unique! Not only do you get great BBQ and heaping portions, but a unique steam train experience that you cannot get anywhere else on earth. Only in Taos. A must stop and very reasonably priced. Fun atmosphere with "Juan del a Plume" singing weekends too. Whoever had poor food and poor service must have had a bad day.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Bad sevice. Waited about 5 minutes before someone took us to a table. Another 10 -15 minutes to take our order and then at least 30 minutes to receive it and we had ordered.the "special' of the day! There were only 12 others there. Would have left before then but for the fact that there were some good reviews about the food.

That was the end of a bad dining experience. The BBQ was the worst we have had - tough and tasteless.

Maybe this was just a bad day for them but we will certainly avoid Jeff's when in the area again.

The only redeeming feature of the place, and maybe the reason we didn't leave, was the fact that they had live entertainment and he could sing in different languages quite well. Never seen that in a BBQ place before!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Horrible food, terrible service, hostile owners. New Mexico is not known for its barbeque; consequently, take the positive reviews with a grain of salt. Having roots in Tennessee and Texas, I can attest to knowing good barbeque, and this is assuredly not. The brisket I was served tasted boiled; the sides anything but fresh or tasty, reminding me of something bought at Sam's. If you're mourning the loss of our Texas Barbeque and looking for a substitue, look elsewhere.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Jeff's Joint Barbecue is one of my favorite places in town to eat. My favorite is the Chicken Sandwich with Green Chile and Cheese, and I usually have a couple each week. Being within walking distance of the office sure helps there!

I always call ahead, since this sandwich is made fresh, not a prefab chicken-ish slab like at some places, but a delicious, juicy, hot full boneless chicken breast freshly grilled. Sometimes this causes the food to take longer, but if he's busy I'll wait since that kind of quality and attention takes longer anyway.

Jeff's wife Aide makes a special rice that you can't get anywhere else, so that's the side that I have with it most times. It also should be noted that even his bread used for the bun is homemade! His reasonable prices ensure that even at the rate I'm over there that it won't break the bank.

For all these reasons, I have to give Jeff's Joint Barbecue the full five stars! Thanks Jeff and Aide - I'll see you in a couple days, and as usual I'll be hungry!