“Great BBQ, nice owners”

Cuisines: American
Edgewood, New Mexico
“Great BBQ, nice owners”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Was a little wary at first due to the empty parking lot, but the aromas coming from within pulled us inside anyways. The owner was the only person there at first and he was a hoot. The food was excellent, I had the beef ribs with onion rings and baked beans while my GF had the pulled pork sandwich with fries. Everything tasted great, and the service was wonderful as well.

Visited May 2012

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
“wow it's good”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I grew up in Memphis TN and I'm picky about BBQ. I had the pulled pork sandwich with a side of cole slaw and green chiles, WOW. It was all good, worthy of praise. Meat, sauce and bread all perfection. Cole slaw was amazing with a southwest flair. Glad the Thai place was closed when I stopped in Taos, or I would have missed this wonderful experience of flavor!!

• Visited March 2012
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were disappointed with our Taos experience, but agreed that it was worth the drive for our dining experience at Jeff's. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich, and shared the Combo Platter with me. This platter included 2 large pork ribs, 2short beef ribs, half a chicken leg and 4 good-sized chunks of sausage, along with 2 sides. All the meats were tender and tasty, and with a bottle of wonderful tangy bbq sauce on our table, we smothered them to our heart's content. For sides we had sweet potato fries and potato salad - both were quite good!

Price was very reasonable for the quality and quantity of the food. We ate a late 2:00 lunch, and weren't hungry for dinner that night. If we ever get back to Taos, we'll be sure to visit Jeff's. If you love barbeques, don't miss out on this gem of a restaurant!

• Visited February 2012
Bridport, United Kingdom
“The best Baby Back Ribs. Ever.”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Jeff is an amazing character. His twin passions for steam engines and barbecued meat are given free rein in this homey family-run eaterie. We liked the place so much we visited on three consecutive evenings while we stayed in Taos. Outside of work, Jeff is a train-driver - sorry, Engineer, and videos of the delightful Cumbres and Toltec Railroad play on a screen in the restaurant. The menu is railway themed in a tongue-in-cheek style but the meat is all serious business. We ate melting Baby Back Ribs on the first night, succulent and sensatively cooked Sirloin on the second. (The staff even came out to sing Happy Birthday to my wife). On the third we had both ribs and steak. The sides were imaginative and tasty, the chimichurri sauce just right on the money. The atmosphere was informal and Jeff came out to chat and ensure all was well. He is a caring host and his wife Aide and kitchen crew share a genuine passion for good hearty food served in a friendly family manner.

• Visited October 2011