“Always consistently good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

La cueva is always consistent, has a friendly staff, great prices with a nice outside patio. My favorite dish is the shrimp enchiladas with the chipotle sauce. La cueva also has gluten free and organic ingredients. Thank you.

1  Thank Pisac Inn H
There are newer reviews for La Cueva Cafe

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We chose to eat at La Cueva Café after reading about it on TripAdvisor. Are we glad we did! We started with chips, salsa and guacamole. The guacamole was thick and flavorful. The salsa was wonderful (chips and salsa aren't complimentary, but that's okay with us). Next, we ordered the chiles rellenos with Christmas sauce (both red and green chile sauces). It was excellent--I really loved the red sauce, although the green was wonderful, too. We split the entree and the staff was very accommodating to our request, bringing out an extra plate for us. We enjoyed eating on the patio. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was relaxed and nice. Next time in Taos, we will make this our first stop!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to the cave. I couldn't get those seafood enchiladas out of my head. Dragged hubby there just so I could get them again. New.... They have opened up a second building for in the colder months so they have more room now. Order anything for eat in or takeout, you will not be disappointed. But oh, seafood enchiladas!!!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had already eaten breakfast at the hotel, but my husband was hungry so we followed trip advisors recommendations to this tiny, very deceiving looking place. You walk around the side to a sweet little patio with amply umbrella'd tables amid the sunflowers. Husband had yummy chicken mole enchiladas. I only wanted soup. Omg. Roasted tomatoes were the base. Shredded chicken in the center topped with sor cream, avocado and finely chopped white onion. Fresh cilantro scattered atop with strips of crispy tortilla, which sort of melted into the soup, thickening it slightly, adding the corn flavor subtly to the tomato. It's a huge plate type bowl...I still dream of it. I also had a watermelon mango smoothie. Soooo good.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The patio was a great spot for lunch! One of us ordered enchiladas, and I ordered my stand-by chicken burrito. I chose it smothered with green chili sauce, and it was tremendous! I would definitely return often if I lived nearby.

1  Thank JMartinsnuok