“Mucho gusto!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went based on a trip advisor recommendation and we fell in love with this tiny treasure of a restaraunt! The front room seats only about 10 people, and we were happy to get there early before it filled up. Everything is made from scratch including the red and green chile.... When ordering a dish that has the option of red or green, go for Christmas (=both) to get a sampling of each and to experience the subtle differences. The guacamole is fantastic too. Our waiter was delightful and recommended the key lime pie for dessert. It was rich and tangy with the surprising addition of toasted coconut shavings sprinkled on top. No item on the menu was over $13. There is no bar service, however.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We ate dinner here based on recommendations on TripAdvisor. We were glad we tried it! It is a small place, but they did have another area available with seating as well. The food was excellent. I tried the special, which was fish with shrimp and vegetables. It was very good! Great restaurant!

1  Thank angelsmarie
Reviewed March 31, 2013

For a good meal at a reasonable price served by attentive friendly staff in Taos, this is your place. It truly is a hole in the wall and if not for the reviews I read here, I would have passed it by. After spending too much for average food the two prior nights in Taos, I was pleased to enjoy some great southwestern food at a reasonable price. This is a very small place with a nice little patio. I arrived at 6 pm on a Saturday evening and was seated immediately. They do not serve alcohol, but you have plenty of choices nearby for a before or after dinner drink. The shredded beef tacos were great as well as the chicken enchiladas. This is now on my list to visit on my next trip to Taos.

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a great little find this was...and I do mean LITTLE! We were lucky enough to snag one of the few tables on a Friday night. The soups are delish - we had a cream corn and a tortilla soup - my fave was the tortilla - great flavors. I had the special - local trout with shrimp that was fresh and perfectly cooked. We left with a great taste in our mouth and sadly no room for dessert. They do not have an alcohol license, but the margs at El Camino behind it across the road are the perfect end to a great night of food! Staff was very friendly and attentive. No faults with this place. Will for sure be back to try something new!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went to La Cueva for dinner and sat at the small room in the main building. The room has only three tables! It feels like you are visiting family. (They do have a nice patio, and a second, bigger room). The place has such a vibrant, positive vibe! The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The customers would talk to each other across the tables sharing opinions about the food. We are quite experienced with Mexican food, but this was among the best we've had. The tortilla soup was one of the best we have tasted, very rich, but subtle and sophisticated. The banana-wrapped pork special was excellent, as were the tacos. For desert we chose the mexican chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream -- simple, but moist and flavorful. This is a very happy place, a true find that captures the spirit of Taos and NM.

1  Thank photosnred