“Excellent lunch!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Jacksonvile, FL
“Excellent lunch!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The man at the parking lot up the street told us this was a great place to eat and he was right! It is very small but there are tables in the courtyard. I had a chimichanga and my husband had their lunch special which was shrimp in a sauce that was very tasty. The service was great and we would definitely eat here again if we get back to Taos.

co
“best place in taos”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

this restaurant is nothing to look at but they serve on the patio and the owners and servers are extra professional and the food is fabulous, for little money

Visited September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What a find”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Looking for a place to eat in Taos, go to La Cueva. It doesn't look like much from the street, but the courtyard where you can eat is very nice, and the food is great. I had the trout special on the recommendation of our waiter and it was delicious. My wife liked the Chimichanga a lot. For dessert we had the Key Lime Pie, which was not on the menu (ask for it), and it was the best we have ever had...and we love key lime pie. La Cueva is not fancy, but it is really a great place for a nice meal, is reasonable priced, and is close to the plaza. We came back the next day for a second meal, this time lunch.

Boulder, Colorado
“Unremarkable”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My mole sauce was just okay, but my companions were very unhappy with their tacos: it was very bland and the beef underseasoned. Service was very friendly, but we were underwhelmed considering the glowing reviews (and our server's repeated warnings about the red chile sauce).

Lubbock, Texas
“I am a regular”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

OK, I am biased. I have been eating here for a little over a year. It is my first stop when I get a chance to visit Taos. I love the tiny dinning room in a historic adobe. I feel like I am dropping by a friend's house. The small close environment often leads to meeting new friends. But, it is the food that keeps me coming back. I do not think of it as classic New Mexico cuisine, but as Mexican food with a little New Mexican flavor. I am hooked on their Mole sauce. If only I could have a Modelo to go with it.

1 Thank Jerry G