“good breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Denver
“good breakfast”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good place for a pretty cheap breakfast and friendly service.
I had the huevos rancheros and my husband had the huevos con enchiladas. Very cheesy! Their red chile is fantastic.

Visited September 2012

Jemez Springs, New Mexico
“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at the La Cueva Cafe and it was wonderful! I had the Chicken Mole Enchiladas and my husband had the Shrimp Enchiladas. Both were delicious! We were given a substantial amount of food for a very reasonable price...especially in this resort town. Both of our entrees were $8.95...truly amazing in a town that has $10 hamburgers on some menus! Our service was good...staff is friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend you give this restaurant a try if you are in Taos.

Georgetown
“Excellent Mexican Food; Best Key Lime Pie I've ever had.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had great homemade Mexican food, good service, and the Key LIme pie was the best I've ever had. Prices were unbelievably low. Small place with few tables, so can't take a large group. But it was perfect for two couples. Loved the Chili Relleno. I'll get that alone next time as I was stuffed after the combo plate and one bite of the key lime pie.

• Visited August 2012
Denver, CO
“We liked it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We saw the reviews for La Cueva Cafe on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try this past weekend when we were in Taos for Labor Day weekend.

This is a small restaurant and it was quite hot inside (nobody was sitting inside) and we were directed outside towards the patio which was lovely.

The service was great and they had a great menu. The only disappointment was that they do not serve alcohol. We were not sure if they will serve it in the future. It was a hot day when we were there and we would have ordered beers.

Other than that we had a wonderful time there. When our server told us about the specials my husband and I ordered both of them. I ordered the shrimps special -shrimps sauteed in a tomato cream sauce with vegetable and rice and my husband the mole fajitas. We both enjoyed our dishes. We ordered a cesar salad to start with which we shared. It was good.

One of the staff told us that they are moving the restaurant in the larger building next door for the winter and that should work great as this restaurant is very small (only a few tables inside) in its actual location.

We will definitely go back when we return to Taos.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent - and a great value”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I especially enjoyed the chili rellenos in this small restaurant because they avoided the thick crust used by many other restaurants. A simple egg wash allowed all of the flavor of the chili and cheese to come through. The enchiladas were also excellent. The patio is the place to sit.

• Visited August 2012