“Best Service Ever”

Worldmark by Wyndham Taos
Ranked #2 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Taos
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed in a studio unit at this resort recently. This resort has outstanding customer support. The staff at the front desk is courteous, responsive and incredibly helpful. I could not have asked for better service. I was forewarned from the website and the reviews that the studio unit is quite small, and it is. However, it is certainly manageable for two people. The Murphy bed was not outstanding, but not uncomfortable either. The unit had a small fridge, dishwasher, microwave and coffee pot. The bathroom was attractive and a nice size. There is a community kitchen which is very nice and a fitness center. The lobby is beautiful and a relaxing place to read. The resort provides menus from many of the local restaurants along with many brochures and a binder full of ideas for things to do. The resort is situated within just a couple blocks of the main Plaza and right behind the beautiful Taos Art Museum. Highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Taos W, General Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham Taos, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for providing such a lovely critique. We are very pleased that you found our Service Team to be both engaging and responsive. I will certainly share your comments with them. It is also great feedback regarding our "cozy " studio. We have just completed a full interior renovation of our rooms and lobby areas. Thanks for sharing your impressions! We wish you good fortune in your future travels.

There are newer reviews for Worldmark by Wyndham Taos

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The lobby and public areas of this property are really beautiful. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. The room finishes and furnishings were fresh, tasteful. I appreciated the free laundry facility (including free detergent!). Loved the location--just a few blocks from the plaza--the driveway entrance is right off the main road, but the building itself is tucked away behind the Taos Art Museum, so it's very peaceful.
We had a studio room. It was small but adequate for our needs--small mini kitchen with sink, dishwasher (!) mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Nice balcony. My only quibble is that there was very little storage space for clothes (just 2 drawers below the TV), one luggage rack (I had to use the one armchair for my luggage rack). Murphy bed, so no bedside tables.
Would gladly stay here again, might opt for a true one-bedroom next time if available.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, for sharing your experiences while staying at Wyndham Taos. We are very pleased that you enjoyed both the friendly service provided by our team members as well as the amenities here at the resort. It is great to hear that our recent interior renovations are being well recieved. I hope that you may find a one bedroom available during your next visit to provide you with some extra space. There is a full closet as well as additional storage for your personal effects. We appreciate your visit and wish you good fortune in your future travels!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed in a studio with a Murphy Bed. Though it was a small room, it was more than comfortable for the two of us. The room did not have a full kitchen, no oven or stove top. We were able to barbeque our steak on one of three barbeques. The resort is close to the shops and plaza and right across the street from Michael's Kitchen which has to-die-for pastries at reasonable prices. Beware, Michael's closes at 2pm.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, for taking the time to share your experiences while staying with us at Wyndham Taos. It is always a pleasure to hear from our owners and guests, especially when our goal of providing a memorable experience is met. I hope that your next visit offers you even more time to enjoy our wonderful area. We wish you good fortune in your future travels!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here in March in a studio room on the first floor. With the murphy bed down, there is not much space left for luggage, people, etc. There were other small annoyances that added up --- bare minimum of towels, no card listing cable channels, blinds that let the outside floodlight light in at night, compounded by lights on electronics glowing (no where to hide when you're in one room), charge for internet, etc. We came on a RCI timeshare swap but did not stay the week. The one-bedrooms may be fine, but I would not come here again.

Room Tip: I would avoid the studios.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Taos W, General Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham Taos, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your experience at Wyndham Taos. I am pleased that you provided such a high rating for cleanliness and the charming Taos area. However, it seems that several aspects involving the room configuration and various amenities detracted from your stay. I am disappointed if that resulted in you shortening your vacation and that we did not fully meet your expectations.

It does appear that you may have been better suited in our one bedroom unit as you suggest. In regard to the supply of towels, all our visitors may exchange towels and linens with our Guest Service Associates at anytime of the day. We would have been pleased to provide any such items which may have contributed to your comfort.

Thank you again for your comments. I wish you good fortune in your future travels!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was our second time staying at the resort. The Studios are "cozy" as in fairly small, but 1 bedrooms and bigger have good space. The resort has added a central kitchen which is great to have and they have grilling stations outside. The resort and rooms are very nicely decorated in classic New Mexican style and look very nice (recently upgraded from our last visit). The murphy bed was comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. The resort is located in a great area of town so you can easily walk to a lot of the great art galleries, restaurants and shops in Taos. Taos is a place to get out and see the sights and the art or go skiing, hiking, rafting, etc. so don't plan on spending your time just hanging around the resort, it's not that kind of place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Taos W, General Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham Taos, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you so much, for your pleasant critique regarding your recent visit to WorldMark Taos.
It is great to hear that you enjoy all that Taos has to offer and chose to return to this destination!
We also appreciate your mention of our friendly staff and that you found our recent interior renovation attractive and relevant to our region.

We wish you good fortune in your future travels!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here this weekend and it is a nicely decorated, clean property. VERY quiet area and it was easy to walk across the parking lot and then the street for breakfast at Michael's Kitchen. Google maps on my cell did not take me to the driveway, this property is on a flag lot off the main road, so I would suggest mapping it to Michael's and then looking across the street for the Worldmark sign.
We were aware of the Murphy Bed but thought we would give it a try anyway. My husband outweighs me by about 50 pounds so every time he turned over I felt it. Then I had to shift and my restlessness would wake him up. I also thought it was unconventional that they had positioned the TV so you can not see it while in bed. (That might not bother anyone else, but when I travel it is one of my guilty pleasures to lay in bed and channel surf at night.)
Overall, I loved the new carpet and all the updates, friendly staff, and quiet area, but we were tired from a long day on the slopes and wanted to turn in early and watch the Olympics in a comfortable bed. As a side note, we got two rooms, one for us and one for the kids. We figured our 13 yr old could sleep on the couch and then 24 year could have the bed. My son (he is 6'5") was uncomfortable on his bed. The couch was a love seat, too short for the 13 yr old. She ended up making a bed on the floor with couch cushions and pillows. There was something about the wording of the description of the property which led us to believe that the couch was a pull out. Maybe some rooms have that but ours didn't.

Room Tip: You should ask if your room is near any of the remodeling. While not loud while we were there I did...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RestlessCindi
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This property is very conveniently located to restaurants and shops in Taos. We booked a one bedroom suite. Bookings.com said the room had a kitchenette so we brought food for breakfast and one other meal. Wasn't sure how well equipped the kitchenette was, so we brought dishes and things like that with us. Turns out we did not need them since the room came with just about everything we needed. The property also had a community kitchen with a stove and oven if you wanted to do something that did not involve a microwave. The bed was comfortable and the bathrooms were nice. We didn't use the Murphy bed, but it looked comfortable. If you want a room with a fireplace, you have to call and ask. Not every room has one even though Booking.com said the room did. Our room was one the first floor and we could hear the people in the room above us, but it didn't bother us.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane D
Taos W, Manager at Worldmark by Wyndham Taos, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We appreciate your excellent rating, kind mention of having a comfortable one bedroom as well as enjoying our convenient proximity to our lovely town of Taos.

I will check with booking dot com to see that they have been provided with details on the convenience kitchen amenities. I would like to have saved you the space required for bringing your tabletop items with you. As you stated, they are well equipped, even though there is no stovetop or oven. I am pleased you noticed our two full kichen cooking stations that are a new addition to WorldMark Taos. It has been well received as a common area facility for those guests who might enjoy a full meal preparation during their stay. We had just opened the kitchen over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Again, thank you for visiting us over the Christmas Holiday. We hope your travels may find you staying with us in the future.