“Very nice little restaurant”

Stella's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I agree with other reviewers re: this place should be packed. The service is great and friendly. I enjoyed their red trout special and my husband had their sausage and fettuccine - both were very good. Wine selection was very good. We were only in Taos for three nights, so we only dined there once. If we stayed another night or two, we definitely would have returned to Stella's.

2  Thank Mary S
There are newer reviews for Stella's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were here on the 1st Sunday in June and were one of two couples in the restaurant. I don't know why. Good was great, the ambience wonderful with an outdoor courtyard, and the service was excellent.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Every town has one or more Italian restaurant, but Taos can boast one of the best! Their pizzas are sweet and abundantly dressed with you choice of toppings and can't be beat for $12-13. We also tried other entries on other nights and were equally impressed with the delicacy with which they handled preparation.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a restaurant where you feel like you are in a European cafe. The food is absolutely delicious and the service given makes you feel like you are part of the family. They also have a wonderful wine list. Will definitely return.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were at Stella's last year for the first time and had such a memorable experience that we decided to return again this year and we were not disappointed! This is a little gem of a place!

Last year we sat outside in their courtyard and had a real romantic dinner just my husband and me. There were no one else out with us outside. It was memorable!

This time it was cool and rainy and we sat inside and it was cozy and just a nice atmosphere. I remembered how much I enjoyed the squash ravioli last year and ordered the same. My husband ordered Stella's cajun pasta. I love the red checkered table cloth and the posters of famous Italians on the wall and the Italian music! Like others mentioned we also love their olive oil bar.

First we decided to start with a minestrone soup that we shared. The soup was great! More like a stew it was hearty! Delicious!

Both of our dishes were great! I love the different takes on traditional Italian items - the minestrone was really unique and so was my ravioli.

We remembered dessert from the last time we were there and ordered a tiramisu for 2 with decaf coffees and it was just as delicious as last year!

This place is really great! Cozy atmosphere, good service and excellent food! We can't find a place like this in Denver! We will be back!

1  Thank NatC100