“Wonderful atmosphere even better food! ”

Stella's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
“Wonderful atmosphere even better food! ”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service! Awesome family owned restaurant preparing authentic Italian cuisine. Highly recommended!!

Garden City, Kansas
“Wonderful atmosphere, even better service. ”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Stella's was hard to find for us but well worth the search. My wife got Stella's Cajun pasta, the dish was delicious. I myself got the calamari and one of the daily specials. The candlelit table we had was perfect for our group. From the impressive wine list to the home made desserts Stella's is a great place to eat!

Omaha, Nebraska
“Definitely worth a visit!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I ate at Stella's for dinner on a Monday night. We were hungry early, and walked in just after they opened at 5:00. We were welcomed and seated, and the server seemed genuinely glad to see us as if she were hosting us in her own home! Sometimes hitting a restaurant as they just open can lead to some eye-rolling, and deep sighs from the staff! That was definitely not the case here. Cindy ordered the squash ravioli, which I was able to sample. It was fantastic. Fresh ravioli are an absolute necessity with us, and these were fresh and wonderfully tasteful. I had the chicken Parmesan. It was nicely crispy, and cooked perfectly. I loved the flavor of the marinara sauce. The sauce was LOADED with small tomatoes that also tasted freshly cut. I am uncertain why some previous reviewers had any difficulty here, but we certainly did not. I did visit the restroom, as I always try to do so I can comment, and it was immaculate. As a nice aside, there was a family having a 6th birthday party there for a cute little girl, but even with that going on, the restaurant was still very intimate, and we felt as if we were alone on our date!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Charlie_from_Omaha
dallas
“It was like coming home”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We did not have reservations, but just wandered in. They had just opened for dinner and we were the first party in the place that night. They were very gracious, and the food was great. It was the first time our eight year old girl ordered soup, and may have been the first time we saw it on a children's menu. It took a while to get and we were told that even the soup is prepared to order. She loved it, and finished every drop. She ended up taking most of her pizza for later. My wife had a cajun pasta dish and I had chicken parmesan (not sure of spelling). Tiramasu for dessert. Everything was great. Husband cooks and wife waits tables, and both very nice. The next night we ate next door at Byzantium, which we did not like nearly as much.

• Visited December 2013
USA
“Feels like a local hangout”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stella's is close to Taos Plaza and has a "homey" feeling. The pizza is excellent, and other entrees are wonderful as well. I give Stella's the highest rating as the value for food is marvelous.

• Visited October 2013