“Great Ambiance; Mediocre Food and Drink”

Stella's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The ambiance is exceptional. Red and white checkered table cloths, Frank Sinatra singing, an olive bar. The food, however, especially the entrees, are unfortunately barely mediocre.

There are newer reviews for Stella's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good italian food and a really nice olive-oil bar. Eggplant was well-done, spaghetti was good. It's cute and the people are friendly. It's a nice change for Taos.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

They were a little short-staffed the day we were there (a Wednesday). Our lunch was good and fairly priced. We had a couple of different dishes, one of which was a little light in flavor. Not exactly an out-of-the-can flavor. But we are not locals, so we don't know if this place has a special dish they are known for.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I were vacationing in Toas for a week. We got a little burned out on Mexican food. Then we found Stella's Italian. Let me tell you it was elegantly delicious and the owner along with other family members were sweet and friendly. Don't miss this experience!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. The rest of the vacation was exceptional. This place, though, was definitely the low point of the trip. The pasta al carbonara was disgusting and nothing anyone could deem "al carbonara." The antipasto plate had a sardine (yes, sardine NOT anchovy) that was actually rancid and made my husband ill (especially since I goaded him into eating it by begging him to make it stop looking at me...). My sister's dinner was cold. Mine was simply unexceptional. Wine was blah. Olive bar was almost bare and blah. Our waitress, though she appeared to be trying, was simply lost in a cloud of muffled ineptitude. Don't waste your time.

1  Thank phoenix_dog