“Very tasty and great for vegetarians” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Gamal
Ranked #26 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Israeli
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The vision The El Gamal vision is to provide healthy, affordable, tasty, made from scratch, vegetarian Middle Eastern food, with the intent to promote peace in a non political manner through evolving people's consciousness and taste buds.
Waco, Texas
“Very tasty and great for vegetarians”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We read a menu at out B&B and my daughter wanted to try it as she is a vegetarian and was getting tied of grilled cheese and baked potato.

We ordered the sampler platter and enjoyed it very much! We love middle Eastern food and this hit the spot.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Cosmosforall

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Food, Friendly Service, Very Taos.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

We love love this little restaurant. The food is freshly made, the specials change daily, the breads are freshly made. The service may not be ultra fast (sometimes), but the staff are kind, friendly and caring, and besides this is Taos, not Manhattan - chill, enjoy the ambiance.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gail90
dc
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Rude and unhelpful staff. Filthy place with confusing seating/wait status. I was snapped at when I asked for an Israeli salad with cucmbers and tomatoes-as this is what an Israeli salad consists of. I had been served a soggy salad with 98 % wilted Romaine lettuce. I was barked at " it comes pre prepared and we cannot make it with only cucumbers and tomatoes." This was my third and final disappointment with this unkempt nasty place.

Visited June 2011
9 Thank just4me
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Fresh, whole, delicious food in a relaxed environment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

This place rocked. In 25 years of trying every middle eastern restaurant I have encountered, El Gamal is by far the BEST! So fresh, so delicious, so whole. Very clean and fresh Challah on Friday. Thank you for cooking for us. A MUST if you like this style of food, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank SkiTraveler927
Bristol UK
“Great little Israeli / Middle Eastern food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

We stopped in during Dec 2010 and had several desserts and side orders to share between 6 of us, along with Turkish tea.

The service was very good (but we were the only patrons), we all enjoyed the food, and the desserts excellent. I think all the options were vegetarian and all seemed to be home made. I've travelled in this part of the world and can vouch for the authenticity of the food.

I'm pretty sure is was called the "The Camel" outside, and there is also an outline of a huge camel outside. If your tired of the overpriced shops nearby and need to find an oasis for a snack and a drink, I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Ed_in_Bristol