“Living the Taos life”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taos
Taos Lodging Vacation Properties
Ranked #4 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Taos
“Living the Taos life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

For just a few days Taos Lodging is a good place to act and feel like a local. Quaint casitas (8 of them) are clustered on a side street just off the main drag north of the plaza and shopping/restaurant center. The grounds are grassy with flowers and the gravel parking drive outlined with luminaries at night. I had ample space to practice morning yoga under the trees. Each casita is a full little house; we found everything we needed in the kitchen and bath. It was so much fun we ate most of our meals on the front porch - and without guilt spent one TV movie evening without going out at all. Smith's grocery is on the main drag south of the plaza. Lovey the land lady is a mine of information on not just food and shopping, but on politics and social structure of the town. Fascinating and voluble on her pet subjects. Note that the location of Taos Lodging helps you to avoid the perennial traffic jam on main street. You can walk a block to the Fechin house and museum and just a bit farther to the Bent street shopping and galleries. And you're on the north side of town for much quicker drive to the Taos Pueblo. Convenient, quiet, yet near everything - and so much more fun to live the life of an insider.

Room Tip: We loved casita 8; king bed, porch, and it's at the back of the compound beside the grassy area...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaraF742

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple nights in Casita #3.

This is a great location as it is within walking distance of the plaza and great restaurants and bars.

Parking is right in front of the Casita and off the street.

Quant with quirky floors and everything you need. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Traverler8808
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

As an artist I always enjoy unique properties. I stayed in Casita #8 for 4 nights which was great for all my needs. It has a front porch, full kitchen, living area, and separate bedroom with comfortable king bed (looked like it could separate for two twin beds), and is next to a lovely yard area with picnic table. The staff will change your linens on request. Love the ambience of the whole property which really represents the character of Taos. I would've stayed longer if they hadn't been booked. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank showart419
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was introduced to Taos Lodging by a friend and colleague who shared a casita with me for 4 nights. I found the lodging to me attractive, informal, comfortable, and clean. The kitchen was well-equipped for supporting a pot luck dinner and one cooked while there. The bed was good and the lovely porch very pleasant in the evening and shady during the day. It was nice to have access to the hot tub and the fenced in picnic area. The owner-manager was very pleasant and helpful about things to do in the area. I will return with my husband, for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Black Hawk, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I go to Taos twice a year, sometimes with my husband, sometimes with a friend and alwys stay at Taoslodging. I have stayed in most of the casitas and each has its own charm. ( I have never stayed in #1 because it is too small for me and has no kitchen- more like a motel room.) The huge cottonwod trees keep it pleasantly cool even in summer. I love the art in each casita and the care taken in decorating each one with lovely southwestern style furnishing which go along with the 1940's adobe charming style. The owner and her family are very accomodating and full of tips for great places to eat. The hot tub is a big plus for me and I love being able to walk into town. Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Virginia164
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband & I stayed in Casita #1, which although small would have benefited from the removal of a few items to allow more room - a decorative wash stand for example. The room was cozy, but a bit dated & could use a deep cleaning & new shower curtain - which was moldy. There is a small hallway which is used as a staging area for a small refrigerator & microwave on a small stand. A better use of the area would be to install a shelving unit of some sort to store the dishes, glasses, etc. - which are currently stored IN THE BATHROOM - just inches away from the toilet stool. Needless to say, we did NOT use any of the dishes. The unsanitary factor was too overwhelming. The overall property is quite charming & the grounds very nicely planned, although it could really use some cleaning - the hot tub area was very nice but needed a hose down. The bed was a bit too soft for my taste, but comfy enough for a few days. The towels could benefit from a through bleaching & some fabric softener - they were dingy & grey. If I were to return I would rent a larger unit with a separate kitchen. Again, a charming property but could use some TLC.

Room Tip: Casita #1 is directly in front & the sirens on the main street were overwhelming.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeanM6144
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed in Casita #5 and it was Fantastic! We were in town for the Red River Run Memorial Day Motorcycle ride. The Casita was very clean, comfortable, and a great place to relax after a long day on the bike. The hot tub was also a great place to enjoy. Casita #5 had a full kitchen and a great front porch. We were able to sit on the porch and relax, taking in the beautiful view of the property. The property is very well kept and there are all kinds of fun southwestern themed pots and statues placed throughout the property. We absolutely loved our stay and will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple