“Great food”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food was excellent, well prepared and hot. Service was also superb, including for a single woman. There were families present, couples, parties, and most every arrangement of people. They do not take credit or debit cards, but did accept a nearly local check.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Farm to table dining is terrific, especially if you're a foodie. I guess we're foodies, and my wife and her girlfriends really enjoy farm-to-table restaurants. At the Love Apple they really do it right. Except... for the husbands who really just want to enjoy a cesar salad, a rib eye, steak fries, and a devastating Cabernet Sauvignon. I guess I prefer a great steak house on a Saturday night. Here, it was lamb, chicken and fish. But, all the courses were very nice, and the girls loved it. I just think on a Saturday night, in Taos, NM, the chef should offer a prime rib eye or tenderloin - Waygu, if need be. My $0.02.

1  Thank STC
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were walking around looking for a dinner spot. Stopped at The Love Apple....what a find. They are open 5 PM to 9:30 PM..7 days a week. The kitchen is right on the money and the staff very well trained. We will be returning. ...

1  Thank Ronald M
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I ate at the Love Apple in Taos a year ago last spring and eager to go again but ate there this July and was very disappointed in the food and the the ambiance. I don't know if they have a new chef, owners, or what but the food was very mediocre. I ordered the trout wrapped in corn husks and the fish was over cooked. I did like the quinoa side dish. My husband had the tacos and was less than enthusiastic. Won't go back again.

3  Thank maggiejodenver_CO
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Love Apple! The setting was a historic chapel that has been repurposed. Seating both inside and out (we liked the romantic inside seating). Our meals were trout grilled on a corn husk and duck breast (with duck fat fried potatoes and turnips). Yellow and blue corn muffins were a particular treat. Cherry cobbler with house made ice cream for dessert. Both food and service were excellent.

1  Thank paso57