“Gotta Love the Apple”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I would go all the way back to Taos just for the Gluten Free Blue Corn Bread served at this restaurant. The two of us had two orders. It was so delicious. Crusty on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. Served with one sweet and one savory flavored butter.
The former private chapel has been converted to the sweetest little funky restaurant that somehow maintains its elegant side quite well. We went early and it filled up shortly thereafter.
The wine list worked well for us and we had a nice little Vouvray. I thought the price was good.
The main courses were unique and very local. My husband loved the trout. I enjoyed some kind of Avocado Panna Cotta and ordered a yummy little lamb chop as a side. I probably would not order the Artichoke appetizer again... it was not a standout. Oh, but that cornbread!!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Love Apple had been recommended to us by friends, but we had never managed to get in while in Taos. This time we made advance reservations and we weren't disappointed. The location is lovely and you enter through the kitchen for a really delicious dining experience. The food was remarkably fresh with good choices among bold and subtle flavors. Everything from appetizers to dessert was superb--and we shared so we could try every dessert option. WE will definitely make this a regular eating spot in Taos.

1  Thank swpr0f
Reviewed May 21, 2014

GPS NOT correct. Had the best artichoke I've ever eaten, but the special of grilled antelope was served VERY rare (I wasn't asked) and chewy. Potatoes were ok, not what I expected of a place rated this high. Felt I was being looked down on by staff since I was a female dining alone (known for poor tipping, I've heard). I didn't get fresh roses or a candle on my table! Overpriced for what I got.

3  Thank Denali2012
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The ambiance is wonderful - in an old church. The trout was moist and very tasty, the salad dressing was excellent (they used lime). We had three appetizers: the corn muffins really really good, the artichoke was a bit chewy, the asparagus was very interesting and very good. The corn side (with coconut, green chiles, cream and butter) was one I'd go back for. The staff were great. And it's right next door to the Hacienda del Sol.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We got lost taking the right fork out of town toward the pueblo, so stay on the main drag-Paseo del Pueblo and it is just before Wataburger on right . Interesting (verging on bizarre setting) but spectacular food! Incredible caramel ice cream made right there!