“Heavenly”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

One of the best meals I have ever had, anywhere. Enchanting restaurant, wonderful service, divine food, all locally sourced. Cornbread with cinnamon butter and Chipotle butter; micro greens salad; trout with a chili sauce (a little too hot for me but still delicious), quinoa fritter; wild boar stew. Dessert: the chocolate truffle cake, which was like eating the most amazing undercooked brownie in a small souffle dish and can only be described as orgasmic, along with house made salted caramel ice cream. Every aspect of the evening was sublime.

There are newer reviews for The Love Apple

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had the joy of dining here to celebrate Valentine's Day and it was a cozy, romantic experience. A delightful log fire greeted us on the patio as the sun was starting to set. We were fortunate enough to obtain reservations the evening before and by 5:45 the place was full. Thankfully, the place is intimate and despite every table being occupied, the atmosphere remained calm, quiet and laid back. The menu included items one might expect at any restaurant: beef, fish, a vegetarian item-but at Love Apple they were prepared with a twist. Our appetizer was a ravioli stuffed with 'frijoles'(beans) in a sauce which included bacon bits, dark chocolate and hints of chipotle….delectable!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Love Apple was hands down the best meal I had in a restaurant in 2013 so I was very excited to go again. This time I didn't see a single item on the entrée menu that I even wanted to order. I had to order a couple of appetizers instead. I had the cornbread yellow and blue, tasty but really burnt. Maybe that's how they make them there because the waiter would have to be blind as a bat not to notice that they were black. The lamb chop was quite good and the short ribs were very fatty but delicious. Overall it was good but it didn't live up to my high expectations. I'll try it again when I'm back in Taos.

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed February 6, 2014

As someone who grows/harvests a lot of what we eat, I am not necessarily as "sold" on the "new" farm to table phenomenon (which is actually not new at all) as some may be and certaily not when it is used simply to explain overpriced food. What I do enjoy is good fresh food which has been locally sourced and expertly prepared. For the most part, Love Apple hits the mark albeit a little too adventurously in some of the pairings which miss the mark. The salads were local, fresh, and tasty as was the trout. The "tacos" on the other hand were over seasoned to the point of not tasting the meat which, in my opinion defies the objective of touting fresh, local, flavorful, etc. The desert, which we opted to "take with" was delicious and fresh as well (chocolate ganache which was decadent). The most memorable part of the trip however has to be the location. It is NOT to be missed even if you only visit early enough to justify taking up one of the tables in the small restaurant for wine and appetizers/salads. It is breathtakingly beautiful.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Outstanding food, wine, and atmosphere. What more could you want? They also accept late reservations.