“Wonderful food and cozy atmosphere”
Review of The Love Apple

The Love Apple
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Spinach salad was excellent. Had to stop eating it just to save room for dinner. Quail with quinoa was very good. My partner had the ruby red trout and finished a very large piece of fish. Most places in Taos are small, so if your here during a holiday, you had better call ahead.

There are newer reviews for The Love Apple

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Love Apple is quaint and quirky and a little bit impressed with itself, but that can't take away from the absolutely beautiful trout I experienced one cold night in January. It was succulent and generously proportioned and accompanied by a small, simple garnish of greens. To start, my husband and I shared the soup of the day, a bowl of Moroccan lamb stew and an order of the 4 corn muffins (2 yellow, 2 blue). The stew was hot and heady and nicely seasoned. My husband grumbled a bit at the price of the diminutive muffins ($5 for the 4), but he enjoyed the quail in nogada sauce. Someone with a larger appetite would have wanted more than one, and there is an option to add a second bird, but the plate suited his appetite. Our glasses of a good pinot grigio were $9 each, and the pour was not stingy. We left satisfied (after getting a correction on our bill from the waitress who had wrongly charged us $11 for the wine). Service is very discreet. Remember - CASH only (or check, if I remember correctly).

1  Thank Julee59
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My review is not about our experience because we were not bale to dine here because they were very busy during the time we were there. If you want to eat at the Love Apple call ahead and make a reservation.All the locals recommended dining here so it should be great!

1  Thank travelthroughmyeyes
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a great place to eat. Food is seasonal and local. If you are interested in eating organic, this is the place to go. Menu is not large, but there is something for everyone.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The meal started with their daily made corn bread. The raw beat salad was an unexpected treat. We ordered two entrees that included the best trout I have ever had. The ruby trout was cooked in corn husks and topped with a wonderful chipotle cream. And the quail en nogada topped with a few pomegranate seeds was one of the finest Christmas meals I've had in recent memory. The wine list is extensive and reasonbly priced, and they have no shortage of good beers. Make a reservation

1  Thank EAChinchilla