“Pretty yummy”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Pretty rustic environment but interesting. Wonderful waiter and delicious food. I would definately go back again.

There are newer reviews for The Love Apple

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I live in Taos, but had never been to this charming restaurant before tonight. Authentically housed in an old Taos building, The Love Apple totally exceeds the first impression. Since it is cold, the entrance was through the kitchen, rather than directly into the dining room, in order to preserve the heat. Funky, pleasant, and rustic. But the meals were spectacular. We split a pork rillette appetizer, with homemade fig jam, mustard, and cornichon, that was just wonderful on toasted french bread.. For entrees, my wife had the trout, which she said was the best she ever had, and I had a leek polenta with homemade lamb sausage in a spicy tomato sauce, which was fabulous. With three glasses of wine, our bill was $80.00. Great value, too.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Yippee yippee they think they are hippies. Incomprehensible menu combined with blah taste to whatever it was I tried to eat. This joint needs to disappear forever.

2  Thank Tom C
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. I don't know what it is, but I love these restaurants where one enters through the kitchen. Paper napkins a poor choice for a nice restaurant -switch to linen and add tablecloths. The food more than makes up for any minor shortcomings. Had the yellow and blue cornbread with sage orange and cinnamon butters, yum. All the appetizers look great! We had the golden trout which prepared perfectly and the duck with a rich orange and red chili sauce that was outstanding. The restaurant focuses on local ingredients, but wished our waiter had told us about our dishes. We had a nice Pinot noir by the glass, but wish we had more choices.

We enjoyed our visit to the Love Apple, you will too.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I dropped in without a reservation on one of our day trips to Taos since it was highly rated on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. She had a venison dish and I had a steak. The dishes came with fresh locally grown seasonal vegetables. We each had a couple of glasses of wine and our bill came to $80. Bring cash because this restaurant does not take credit cards.